Transfer of Doris to Sheffield

Despite some on here backin' Vassell to the hilt , the player himself would be the first to admit that he hasn't been doing himself justice this season ....... although , to be fair , he's far from being the only one!

Vassell looks good in the odd game .... oddly enough i last thought he looked pretty good in that pre-season friendly with AC Milan , before he went off ........ but really his days here have got to be numbered if we really want to move forward .

Maybe the assumption that he'd be extremely unlikely to get in any of the 'big four' clubs first teams , if the chance was there , means that we really need to look a lot higher than him.

We need 'consistent' players who are gonna play well , or reasonably well , in at least seven games out of every ten ....... and realisitically , and maybe regrettably , that will never be Darius Vassell.

Villa weren't broken-hearted when they sold him , and neither should we be either ...... Vassell , at 28 years of age , will always simply be a 'nearly' man!

thecowgatesculpturevk7.jpg
banjo_BW_Lg.png

Couldn't hit it

Carney said:
I don't disagree that he lacks quality but even so, It does not warrant the abuse the lad gets.

Totally agree - it's disgraceful the stick he gets when he plays. We are supposed to be supporters or our wonderful club and give stick to the opposing players, not the other way round.

I don't think he gets that much stick. Just recognition that he aint good enough to be a regular starter in a team with our intent. That's not stick, that's just acknowledging reality.

i'd like to take the chance to say i think it's rather harsh the way people have been taking the piss out of vassell, ok we know he's not that good anymore but he tries his hardest, you don't hear him complaining or moaning, he get's on with what he has to do, he gives 110% everygame no matter what the situation and plays for that shirt, if only other players would give as much as he did, if he goes, good luck to him i say

He has done his bit into making City better as so many others have, now it's time for better as we want to progress...

MCFC_Freestyler said:
i'd like to take the chance to say i think it's rather harsh the way people have been taking the piss out of vassell, ok we know he's not that good anymore but he tries his hardest, you don't hear him complaining or moaning, he get's on with what he has to do, he gives 110% everygame no matter what the situation and plays for that shirt, if only other players would give as much as he did, if he goes, good luck to him i say
I agree. His times up lets just wish him well. Shame Johnson hasn`t got the same attitude.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.