Transfer Window to close before the Premier League season starts

Shambles.

I give it three years before they reverse it.

This only made sense if it was Europe wide and on a fixed date (last day of July), affecting both purchases and sales.

If anything it's created more pressure for clubs, who may be offered good money for players with no opportunity to replace them.

Stupid decision. What if you have to sell before you can buy. The player you need to get rid off let's say does not go until after our deadline is closed . You have not been able to get monies in to buy

That won't happen. Clubs will just say in June you can't go after a certain date. If you want a move, you and the other club sort it out by then or you're staying put. They'll still have 6/7 weeks to arrange a transfer.

If it gets nasty, PL clubs have so much financial power they can tell sulky players to piss off to the reserves for a few weeks when they sulk. Chelsea might lose 40m over Costa, they don't care, he'll lose out on a world cup and half his wages.

I've only seen arguments against it so far, even from British journalists.

Unless the whole of Europe agrees to a before season deadline (why would they!?) then there is just no benefit to this decision. I can see all the boards in Europe laughing, they've been waiting for the Premier League to make a stupid decision like that. It's going to allow European clubs to buy from each other for much cheaper. It's going to allow them to unsettle premier league players, possibly purely for entertainment (something i'm sure Tebas would love).

Add to that next year is a World Cup year! Players are less likely to move beforehand, clubs are less likely to sell beforehand, so Premier League clubs have about 2-3weeks to get their business done. What a fucking shit show that's going to be.

It'll be scrapped after next season.

Sounds like we may have been one of the clubs who voted against it:

I think some folk are looking at this arseways tbh. All the money is in the UK. If the prem shut shop early, European leagues will effectively be doing it too, as the big bucks wont be in circulation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.