Transfer Window to close before the Premier League season starts

It should be like the good old days, when a player could be signed at any point during the season.
this I have never understood the window idea.surely it pushes up prices as teams panic near deadline day.plus if anyone comes in for your players you can replace them much less stress on the whole.

The rest of Europe, and the serial sellers from the PL, will be rubbing their hands with this. It'll add a huge % on to transfer fees as the PL clubs will have less than a month from the end of the World Cup to get all their business sorted. Just shows the lack of 'honour amongst thieves' there is in English football. They could have just had an agreement not to buy from each other, after the start of the season. No need for different dates to everyone else, with no need to put us at a huge disadvantage with the rest of Europe. Muppets.....

I can't see it making a scrap of difference. If the players you want are available, you buy them; if your players are wanted you sell 'em. Just does the business a little earlier. We'll still have the knobs at Sky getting their fingers trapped 'as the transfer window slams shut'! It'll still be the drama that it is now. Just earlier in the season. And it appears that most clubs in the European leagues are of a similar persuasion. Are they keeping the January window, 'cos that would negate the argument that managers need to know who they will have available and can thus 'plan' for the campaign. To have yer best player nicked in January rather than August would still kibosh yer season!

I dont think that it will be as detrimental as some make out, mainly because the PL has such a huge influence on the market. For example, it has been suggested that the spanish giants will sit back and wait for the PL window to close and then raid our best players. But if we do our business early it will, to same extent, force them to do their business early in case we take all of the best talent. I also expect there will be a concerted effort by PL clubs to make sure that players do not leave after our window closes. Barca and Madrid cannot be sure that PL clubs will sell to them, as Barca found with Coutinho.

And buying by PL clubs fuels the market. Once our window closes there will be less churn in the market.Transfer activity will slow down which will make it difficult for clubs to do deals.

It wouldnt surprise me if the other leagues eventually fall in line with the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.