Transfering iTunes

ell

Just bought myself a new laptop and wondering if there is a quicker way to transfer my library other than drag and drop onto a memory stick?

Cheers

No. Although if you take across the xml files too, you'll save yourself having to make your playlists again.

Have a search on youtube for a video guide 'how to transfer songs from ipod'

I borrowed/stole my daughters songs off her ipod and copied them to mine.

Ipods rely on hidden files. you have to make them visible before you can copy them.

I lost my entire audio library when a portable hard drive kicked the bucket. I "obtained" a piece of software called CopyTrans Control Centre. It's not ideal, and it takes a few hours but it copies all of the music from an Ipod to a new computer. With it being a new library, you'll have to start from scratch with the Ipod, meaning complete audio removal and a full sync.

Like I said, not ideal. But if you're desperate.

iTunes is the worst thing to use. What a fucking nightmare if you change a computer and going through all that shit of putting the songs back on the ipod. You shouldnt have to do that. With iTunes by now I would of expected that whatever songs you have on your player should be on the libary in your iTunes so once you sign in the songs are there on line so you can access your iTunes and songs anywhere but no the fucking fools dont want to do that.

leighton said:
iTunes is the worst thing to use. What a fucking nightmare if you change a computer and going through all that shit of putting the songs back on the ipod. You shouldnt have to do that. With iTunes by now I would of expected that whatever songs you have on your player should be on the libary in your iTunes so once you sign in the songs are there on line so you can access your iTunes and songs anywhere but no the fucking fools dont want to do that.

Aka Spotify.

And for the record. If you wanted them on an Ipod, you'd still have to download every song to put it on the Device. which would take so damn long to make it a moot point.

no, but if you put all your songs on your ipod then put your ipod in your new laptop and look at it in the folder view. then click on the "organise" tab, "folder and search options" then click "show hidden files" and you should be able to drag and drop them into itunes that way

Don't bother. Just download everything again from TPB or similar. Make sure to do it before iTunes match goes live as that will legitimise all of your media.

if ur tunes are on an ipod or iphone download pod to pc<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:41 pm --<br /><br />if ur tunes are on an ipod or iphone download pod to pc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.