Transfers this summer (incomings) and FFPR

Rammyblues

I know there is a long thread on FFPR in the other forum and if mods feel this should be there please merge.

This is not a thread on who we can afford and comply with FFPR but it is a post about the so called sanctions which UEFA have supposedly offered us in respect of breaching the regulations this year under FFPR.

Can I state straight at the outset I don't know what the suggested penalty they have handed out but because I wanted to find out what they could do I looked up the actual regulations on FFPR (I am sure most are familiar) and they refer to the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations 2013.

Under Article 6 these are the sanction UEFA can impose on any club for any breach of their regulations.

Article 6 - Disciplinary measures
The following disciplinary measures may be imposed on member associations
and clubs:
a) warning;
b) reprimand;
c) fine;
d) annulment of the result of a match;
e) order that a match be replayed;
f) deduction of points (for the current and/or a future competition);
g) order that a match be forfeited;
h) playing of a match behind closed doors;
i) full or partial stadium closure;
j) playing of a match in a third country;
k) withholding of revenues from a UEFA competition;
l) prohibition on registering new players in UEFA competitions;
m) restriction on the number of players that a club may register for participation
in UEFA competitions;
n) disqualification from competitions in progress and/or exclusion from future
competitions;
o) withdrawal of a title or award;
p) withdrawal of a licence

Bearing in mind we have breached financial regulations d) - j) above don't seem particularly relevant and Platini has already said no club will be expelled therefore n) - p) are also not going to apply. By deduction that leaves a warning, reprimand, a fine (maximum fine available 1m pounds (not really going to worry us), withholding revenues well that won't happen because if the whole purpose of the main regulations is to break even this may just be seen as a back door method of punishments under n) - p). Warning or reprimand we can almost exclude those because that might reflect badly on UEFA for not being tough enough, remember all the rhetoric about being tough and throwing clubs out if they failed to comply. Which means the two sanctions left are either

l) prohibition on registering new players in UEFA competitions;
m) restriction on the number of players that a club may register for participation
in UEFA competitions;

If there is a prohibition on registering new players that could certainly be seen as a trade embargo and I would suspect that would be open to challenge in the Courts or secondly squad limitations. In other words we will limit your squad but it is up to you to decide which players are eligible.

So how will this affect our transfer policy this summer? As everyone knows you have to submit an A list of players (max25) and you can then have a B list for academy and under 21 players.

I don't believe they would limit the B list players because effectively that would not be a sanction, so the sanction will be on the A list players. If you remove the 4 players we have to have if you want a max 25 squad who are players who have spent three years or more in OUR academy it leaves 21 players. The regulations do not say whether there is a minimum number of players that UEFA have to leave us with, but one assumes anything less than 11 players would seriously undermine their own competition. UEFA know from the squads we have registered with them in the past how many players both foreign and association players (Hart, Milner etc) we have listed in the past and if they were to reduce the foreign players (currently 17) down to 15 for next season, and association based players from (4 down to 3) it would mean we effectively could only submit an 18 man squad for their competition. The effect of that would be to prevent any new additions to the squad without selling. We have 15 foreign players and one eligible on the B list under 21 ( Nasty). So the talk of signing Mangala Fernando would disappear overnight unless we sold two foreigners to replace them with.

One final point, I don't know the contract details with each player and the club but if the club has stated in the players contract they would be registered on the A list to play in competitions and then subsequently because of the embargo imposed we couldn't list them we would be in breach of contract and the players would be able to walk away from the club for nothing.

In summary

These sanctions are serious and could well if not challenged limit our transfer activity in the summer. The only positive is that the club will no doubt look at this and see whether it will hinder the signings they have planned or whether we might still be able to do our business irrespective.

Hadn't you better leave this to the DT, since you've accepted their verdict on everything else associated with FFPR?

I dont think FFP will affect Citys activity in the transfer market - UEFA should be scrurtinising the creative accounting and debt at Man United instead of worrying about City .. Gill, Rummenigge & co's efforts to keep their little elite group a closed shop is coming to an end. United are royally f*cked, if they spend £200 million in the summer & dont qualify for the CL again!!

Its not financial FAIR play ...its bullshit

Fuck off Gill and United
Fuck off Mourinho you moaning twat
Fuck off Bayern
Fuck off UEFA with FFP

City are here to stay and will gwt stronger and stronger!!!!!

Assuming our revenue is on course to meet FFP then we have plenty of additional funds to play with this summer.

Barry and Lescott off books frees up 10m wages and 36m transfer (9m amortised)

Richards, Boyata , Sinclare off books gives us additional 8m wages

Nasari, aguero and Silva on new contracts with remaining transfer fee amortised over next 4 yrs gives us additional 58m (17m a year amortised) Figure.

In short we have approx 94m transfer kitty with 18m wages available. Would need to replace Lescott and Barry and Richrads only. So say Sagna (free 3m wages) Mangala and Fernando (40m and 7m wages) leaves us 50m to spend and 8m wages to still spend.

Any additional ins will need to be met with outs (for squad size) which will give us more wages and amortised transfer to add to this figure. Homegrown would be an issue. But say Kolorov, Garcia and Dzeko leave we could go for Fabrigas, Shaw and Barkley at inflated prices and still be in credit on last year.

Transfer fees are only a small part of the calculations but seem to obsess people. If we get 8m for Richards it does less for us in terms of balancing books then losing Lescott on a free. Extending players contacts really helps us account for amortised transfer fees and frees up lots of money to play with.

Quick question - maybe I've been playing too much Football Manager, but how would paying for a transfer fee in installments affect FFP?

Sir Joe Aguero said:
Quick question - maybe I've been playing too much Football Manager, but how would paying for a transfer fee in installments affect FFP?

It doesn't. All transfers regardless of upfront payment or instalments are calculated across the term contract. So a 40m 4year deal equals 10m a year regardless.

Dzeko (example only) cost us 28m over 4 years : equals 7m a Year. Say he leaves this summer after 2 1/2 years he has used up 2.5 x 7 = 17.5m so we still need to account for the outstanding 10.5m on our books. If his transfer fee is bigger than this then we can clear that.

In FFP terms we have 7m off the books and his wages plus any profit over 10.5m.

In this scenario we could get 16.5m clearing 6m. This could be put towards an incoming contract over 4 years (1.5m - a year)

So without affecting negatively our overall accounts we could free up 7m amortised fee plus 1.5m profit = 8.5m a year= 34m in transfer fees and his wages (approx 8m)

If we reduce the wages to 5m a year and put the difference from that into transfers that gives us 3m x4 (12m) on top.

So a 46m transfer on 5m wages from the transfer of Dzeko alone would be realistic without any negative impact on our books.

But my argument was nowt to do with the accounting side, my argument is our transfer dealing especially those players we might want to bring in and can't because of

a) No CL squad place for them reduction in CL squad places
b) Imposed salary cap so we can't pay them what we want.

That is what I was looking at.

Rammyblues said:
But my argument was nowt to do with the accounting side, my argument is our transfer dealing especially those players we might want to bring in and can't because of

a) No CL squad place for them reduction in CL squad places
b) Imposed salary cap so we can't pay them what we want.

That is what I was looking at.
If we want them badly enough we can just write it into their contract that they will be in our Champions League squad. Some of our Garcia/Nastasic types can miss out instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.