Transitional season?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by alexmcity, 6 Oct 2019.

1. karen7

karen7

I get that but it's a season too soon,it's too soon to park a player like sergio,if he was decrepid and we were having to wheel him out then fair enough,if gabby can't wait then he can't wait,we'll deal with it

2. Rolee

Rolee

I'm by no means suggesting we park him, just divvy up the playing time a bit more. Aguero has played nearly twice the minutes Jesus has so far, 3 times the league starts.

3. cityboy1

cityboy1

He does need continous games to really get into his stride hes not exacly rotation friendly. I dont agree at all with the people lumping aguero with our againg players that need to be looked after btw hes younger than both silva and fernandinho and is still probably one of the best striker (if not best) in the league he can still easily keep up with the likes of salah and aubamayang goals wise while playing less than them. I think dropping him for jesus is not an option as aguero just leads that front line better im not sure jesus is a good option as a loan striker where as aguero is probably the best in the world at it providing he gets the service. We should try jesus on the left so we can sterling back on the right where hes best imo.

4. cityboy1

cityboy1

The best solution is to get jesus on the left like he is for brazil with mendy or angelino overlapping him

5. karen7

karen7

I really expected with sane out pep would put gabby on the left and sergio up top,it's a way to get them both on the pitch,pep is obviously see something we are not,maybe a different manager would do something different but who knows,i think all roads lead back to sergio still being at the top

cityboy1 likes this.
  6. Rolee

Rolee

I do like that idea of Jesus on the left, I'm afraid we're going to lose him and we'll be kicking ourselves if we do. I'm not disputing Aguero as our number one striker, just want to see Jesus get his fair share to help him develop and to convince him to stick around.

7. karen7

karen7

I agree,i have been saying about gabby on the left,to me he is not a leading the line striker,i prefer the out and out striker at the front,i accept i am probably old fashioned in that view,the offsides bug me as i've said a million times,maybe he is not being played instead of sergio because he wastes so many chances doing that when we might only get 1,i am aware of the catch 22 we find ourselves in but it's been the same with all the strikers that have found themselves in the same team as sergio

8. cityboy1

cityboy1

We cant drop one of the best strikers on the planet for a kid who cant really lead the line i actually think he would play so much better in the same team as aguero preferably on the left like you said. He could be the wide forward were crying out for.

karen7 likes this.
  9. Rolee

Rolee

He can lead the line though, recall looking at the stats last season and neither our goals per game or points per game suffered when Jesus started instead of Aguero.

10. Agueroooooo16

Agueroooooo16

I’m good with Jesus on the left too. Then we can quit playing Bernardo on the wing and put him in midfield where he’s much stronger. Foden and Silva can provide rotation to KDB and Bernardo. Then I’d use Gundogan as backup to Rodri since he is much more useful playing from a slightly deeper position.