Trapattoni signs new deal

kunaguero10

Is it just me who thinks its extremely bad timing for the ROI FA to break news like this?

Just the day after the country next to it loses it's manager due to suicide, they come out announcing that their manager will be with them for the foreseeable future.

I may be alone in my view but I find this very disrespectful from the ROI

mansour's tow ropes said:
Is it just me who thinks its extremely bad timing for the ROI FA to break news like this?

Just the day after the country next to it loses it's manager due to suicide, they come out announcing that their manager will be with them for the foreseeable future.

it s the FAI !!! and yes they are a stupid bunch of clowns...... seen it firsthand on my life s journeys.

they are getting better! tbf there are some real good football people there, but the youth development are nothing special ,as for the top dogs ...a shower of numpty s!!!!!

No way should he of got a new deal. A shit manager. We are playing shit football worst than the days of Big Jack. He is too slow to bring in new players. We have better players not even getting a look in at the team.

This reminds me of Eddie O Sullivan the former Ireland rugby coach. Before the Rugby World Cup he got a new contract and they flopped at that World Cup. I can see the exact same thing happening here with Trap we wont win a game and might even lose every game and be totally out played. Ireland should of waited until after the Euros to sort out a new contract depending on how well he done at the Euros. Now I can see it when we do shit they will be calling for his head big time. We need a fresh face with a better approach than Trap.

leighton said:
No way should he of got a new deal. A shit manager. We are playing shit football worst than the days of Big Jack. He is too slow to bring in new players. We have better players not even getting a look in at the team.

This reminds me of Eddie O Sullivan the former Ireland rugby coach. Before the Rugby World Cup he got a new contract and they flopped at that World Cup. I can see the exact same thing happening here with Trap we wont win a game and might even lose every game and be totally out played. Ireland should of waited until after the Euros to sort out a new contract depending on how well he done at the Euros. Now I can see it when we do shit they will be calling for his head big time. We need a fresh face with a better approach than Trap.

I think you're being a bit harsh on the guy. Yes, the football may not be great, and he picks the same old faces, and doesn't give much room for new blood, but when alls said and done, he got you to the Euro's, quite comfortably in the end, and was unlucky against France. Sometimes I think better the devil you know. If he left, you could end up with a worse manager, who will take the team backwards. Trapattoni has his faults, but he's made Ireland a difficult team to play against, and consistent.

mansour's tow ropes said:

Eh? How is it disrespectful? You could, using your line of thinking, possibly make more of a case that the games being played last sunday showed more disrespect than Trappatoni getting a new deal. Strange conclusion.

Unknown_Genius said:
leighton said:

I think you're being a bit harsh on the guy. Yes, the football may not be great, and he picks the same old faces, and doesn't give much room for new blood, but when alls said and done, he got you to the Euro's, quite comfortably in the end, and was unlucky against France. Sometimes I think better the devil you know. If he left, you could end up with a worse manager, who will take the team backwards. Trapattoni has his faults, but he's made Ireland a difficult team to play against, and consistent.

Sorry this isnt being harsh I am being totally honest with how I see it going. At the moment we have a aging squad. Look at the so called spine of the Ireland team. Given , Dunne , O Shea , Duff and Keane are all coming to the end in the coming 2 seasons. Yet there is nobody new being brought into the squad to replace them or given time in friendlies to play more game time.

We have some good young players at the moment who are getting regular games that should be slowly brought into the team already. Just looking at the players on the fringes we have Wilson , Hoolihan , Plikington , Tierney , McCarthy , Best and Coleman all playing for there teams in the league and nowhere near the first team or squad in some cases.

Even the group below the under 21s has some real talent in there Robbie Brady looks a decent player with Hull at the moment. Jeff Henderick at Derby. Mason at Cardiff a young striker who has scored a few goals for them this season. These players are the future I know that but in a ideal world they would be after the Euros be slowly brought into the squad sadly with Trap these players wont have any chance. The Ireland U19s done well in the Euros last summer there are players coming through all the time.

Traps on some money. In todays morning papers it gave the last 3 managers.

Trap so far has been paid €3.6 million and his record is P42 W19 D15 L8 win % 45%.
Staunton paid €450,000 P17 D6 W6 L5 win % 35%
Kerr paid €700,000 P33 W18 D11 L4 win % 54%

It just shows with Kerr even though he missed out on the Euros in his 2 years his record was class. He should of been given another 2 years but it didnt happen. He brought in a lot of young players and got the best out of them.

So Trap got a new deal Kerr deserved a new deal if he would of got Ireland to a Euros he would still be in charge now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.