Travel to Munich away

david whites spike

Been a season ticket holder since Maine road and bringing my lad for 10 years … he goes uni in September so this could be a good last away together

Any travel tips welcome … flights/prices etc … not arsed about a ticket yet !!

I paid £60pp for flights from London Stansted to Salzburg. Then it’s either a £20 train (1hr30 journey time) or a car hire for £40 a day (1hr car drive). I’m going Tuesday to Thursday but I know for sure there is also a return flight on Friday

I am looking at flights to Munich direct, about £200 pp doing Tue-Thurs. Booked a hotel basically next to the airport.

Getting from hotel into Munich looks nice and easy, then the stadium is only 20mins by cab back to the airport after the game so should be all ok.

Have considered staying elsewhere e.g. Salzburg but not sure if I can be bothered with the hassle.

Stay anywhere in/around Munich as public transport is cheap & easy, both for getting in/out city, to/from stadium or airport. There’s an ‘ok’ Premier Inn just south of the airport.

I booked LHR-Munich return Monday - Thursday for 200 quid. I’ll be spending some time on Tuesday at Therme Erding … a real eye opener of a place

Best route I’ve found so far is going via Dublin for £225pp. Anyone got anything better as direct flights from Manchester are a write off now

Got in quick after the draw and got Manchester - Munich direct Monday to Thursday 235 rtn. Should be a good do.

London Heathrow to Nuremberg. £150 return.

Ps… If anybody goes from Heathrow, jump in my car and throw something towards petrol

Are you staying in Nuremberg or Munich overnight?
I’m actually debating changing the flight and paying £218 to Munich and there is no way of getting to Nuremberg after the match and I am not about to start paying £150+ for a hotel.

07:05 from London Heathrow and 07:10 back. Just crash at the airport and head straight home haha

Anyone need digs for Munich? Tuesday to Thursday 8 man dorm has 2 spaces available. (Private bathroom) Works out about £70ish Msg me on here or on twitter at either @cw9_mcfc or
@AshG_MCFCok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.