Travelling to Madrid

Best area to stay?
Well normally all the drinking is done in and around Plaza Mayor, so near to there is as good as any.

However, prices are pretty steep given the short notice and it being a capital city.

I’ve just booked Chic & Basic Dot which looks nice, £150. Not cheap but cheaper than others in that area.
Depends on your budget I guess…the metro is pretty good though (a bit like London) so getting around is easy enough if you wanted to stay further out for cheaper

Well normally all the drinking is done in and around Plaza Mayor, so near to there is as good as any.

However, prices are pretty steep given the short notice and it being a capital city.

I’ve just booked Chic & Basic Dot which looks nice, £150. Not cheap but cheaper than others in that area.
Depends on your budget I guess…the metro is pretty good though (a bit like London) so getting around is easy enough if you wanted to stay further out for cheaper

Flying in on day of the game arrive about 3pm

Ryanair have some cheap seats to Barcelona from Manchester the day prior by the looks of it (all three “Barcelona”airports - Girona, Reus and the main airport, El Prat.) Just had a cursory glance at Vueling for a quick internal flight to Madrid on the day of the game and they are cheap too. Not sure about trains.

Might tot up overall once you factor in accommodation, potential additional transport if you fly to Girona or Reus (depends if there are flights from there to Madrid or if you have to go into Barcelona), but given the abundance of flights to Barcelona from pretty much everywhere, that may be worth a look. I’ve heard nothing but good things about high speed intercity rail in Spain.

Sport Options will be publishing their flights on Monday evening, according to their Facebook.

Flying out the morning of the game, back the day after in the afternoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.