Travelling to Swansea?

As a City fan, who travels to all home games from Newport in Wales ( 2 cities down from Swansea)

its 100% quicker getting off at Strenthem services onto the M50 and coming down to the M4 that way.

Be Warned once your see the WELCOME TO WALES sign, careful of speed camera vans as they love to pray on the tourists :(

anyways hope that helps

Damo

welsh_andy said:
shortest way is m6,m5,m50,a40,a465,m4

quickest way,but u pay for bridge is m6.m5,m4

used to do it so many time in days gone past, aslways did the m50 route, the m5,m4 way is roughly same time, but around 25-30miles more, but is easier, but either way is well signposted

im going by train as only 30miles way for me. can be a rough place mind folks, cardiff is bad, the jacks are worse, if u drive through swansea, by end of it, u have no wheels left, or shoe laces for that matter,haha

Where are you travelling from mate?? I'm thinking of getting the train from Bristol, changing at Newport & have no idea how to get to the stadium!! I'm trying to book tickets so could do with a bit of advice on the best time to book my return. Any help would be much appreciated!!

bluesteph said:
welsh_andy said:

used to do it so many time in days gone past, aslways did the m50 route, the m5,m4 way is roughly same time, but around 25-30miles more, but is easier, but either way is well signposted

im going by train as only 30miles way for me. can be a rough place mind folks, cardiff is bad, the jacks are worse, if u drive through swansea, by end of it, u have no wheels left, or shoe laces for that matter,haha

Where are you travelling from mate?? I'm thinking of getting the train from Bristol, changing at Newport & have no idea how to get to the stadium!! I'm trying to book tickets so could do with a bit of advice on the best time to book my return. Any help would be much appreciated!!
newport to swansea, 2pm kick off i think, 11am from newport gets u into swansea 12:15 return swansea to newport 1700 into newport bout 18:15 is probs best

stadium is aroun 25min walk, or taxi is bout 6-8 squid probs

welsh_andy said:
bluesteph said:
welsh_andy said:

newport to swansea, 2pm kick off i think, 11am from newport gets u into swansea 12:15 return swansea to newport 1700 into newport bout 18:15 is probs best

Thanks for that!! One more thing, don't suppose you know if they keep away fans behind after the match do you??

bluesteph said:
welsh_andy said:
bluesteph said:

Thanks for that!! One more thing, don't suppose you know if they keep away fans behind after the match do you??
im not 100% on that tbh.

welsh_andy said:
bluesteph said:
welsh_andy said:

im not 100% on that tbh.

No probs!! Thanks for the info anyway, as I said, much appreciated

Hi guys, sorry to do a little thread hijack but I couldn't see any other thread on here about travelling to Swansea.

My Dad's saying you can't park within 30 minutes of the ground, is this right? If so, what are our options? Anybody know of any safe places to park?

Cheers in advance.

Wolfy said:
Hi guys, sorry to do a little thread hijack but I couldn't see any other thread on here about travelling to Swansea.

My Dad's saying you can't park within 30 minutes of the ground, is this right? If so, what are our options? Anybody know of any safe places to park?

Cheers in advance.

They encourage away fans to use the park and ride and park up at a compound just off the M4. I suppose it's ok if you like that sort of thing but not for me. I think it's the next junction up after the one you would naturally use for the ground.

Seems like the parking at the ground is permit holders only and restricted street parking. I bet there must be some places (industrial units or office car parks) that have switched on to earning £5 or so a game but 1st time there so don't know of any yet. Other option is to park in centre or near the station and bus it or accept the 30 min walk.

They warn you not to park on the retail car park nearby. Usual fine or clamping scheme operating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.