Trial by TV.

Sky Blue said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
rogdogblue said:
Obviously doesn't apply to Arsenal.
RVP got away with an deliberate elbow tonight. Would love to see it in slo-mo about three hundred times tomorrow. Not even mentioned it in the after match comments yet. If that was Balo?????

Yes he did I saw it! Also Cabaye retaliated in last nights game against Brighton. He actually made the opposing players mouth bleed after kicking out. Commentator mentioned it but none of the lynch mob media reaction we saw against Mario last week. Its so obvious, personally I don't think Mario intended to harm Scott Parker. ok if he did it was an ugly thing to do. But if he didn't then the media assassination that pro ceded was much more ugly.

Ray Stubbs kept mentioning the incident with the pundits but ex Newcastle John Barnes and Steve Harper who still plays for the club refused to condemn him so no surprises there... Chris Waddle on commentary knew what Cabaye had done but hardly pushed the matter!

No way should Cabaye get away with this....but we all know he will.

And dont forget the penalty incident. Clear handball by Brighton player. Fuck all given!!!!

My paranoia is well and truly being fed this last few weeks. That tosser Craig Burley did mention that Van Persie had used his elbow but realised what he had done and immediately mentioned that Lescott's was disgusting and he should have been sent off so they couldn't do anything about Van Persie. Anything to try and deflect from the fact that he had actually criticised a player of one of the former big four. This guy definitely has an agenda against us. That is of course is if he isn't pissed during the commentary.

Neil Warnock said all that needs saying about football at the end of the Fa cup highlights show when he said "kompany gets four and ,he (paul Konchesky ) got nothing" . That tackle was criminal never mind late, never mind cabaye that tackle on the Swindon player was the worse I have seen in a long time.

cockneycarparkm32 said:
Neil Warnock said all that needs saying about football at the end of the Fa cup highlights show when he said "kompany gets four and ,he (paul Konchesky ) got nothing" . That tackle was criminal never mind late, never mind cabaye that tackle on the Swindon player was the worse I have seen in a long time.

Spot on.

Now if there was any consistency then:

1/ the medja would be in uproar and keep showing the incident ad infinitum

2/ the FA would step in with retrospective punishment

None of this seems to be happening (yet again)

Why is this???????????????????

cockneycarparkm32 said:

I agree.

I winced when I saw it.

100% red card offencce.

Seems that Graham Poll agrees, as well as Warnock:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2093522/Paul-Konchesky-sent-Simon-Ferry-tackle--Graham-Poll.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Poll.html</a>

City Raider said:
i can see what he's saying but he doesnt take any responsibility for setting the agenda, and sky normally does by choosing what to focus on
dont see why he should take responsibility for other pundits being anti city, hes always been fair and sometimes nice about us...****.

He has some points but misses the main one like how come it is only City players who ever seem to be punished because of things the ref allegedly didn't see (even though he was 2 feet away and looking straight at the incident)?

BlueTony said:
He has some points but misses the main one like how come it is only City players who ever seem to be punished because of things the ref allegedly didn't see (even though he was 2 feet away and looking straight at the incident)?
...because he didn't see the incident - in super-slow motion, that is. Seems that the FA will use technology to decide an outcome when it suits them.

Maybe City should start showing contentious incidents that go against us on the big screens, just after they happen over and over again, in an attempt to redress the balance <ironic smiley face>

Sick of all of this! Sky have not showed Van Perve's elbow this morning although McLeish accused him of it, parallel with twitcher and Mario last week??? How many times did they show Mario! Talkshite and Sky are pathetic. Have emailed them for what it's worth!

U2US@skysports.com
Can you please explain why a Premier League manager has again accused a player of violent conduct and yet unlike last Monday you are not showing Robin Van Persie every few minutes as you did with the Mario Balotelli incident??? Is this because Harry Redknapp's son works for Sky and you feel obliged to help??? This would also explain your poor coverage of his tax evasion trial! Totally pathetic,unbalanced journalism!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.