Tribute to el mago 1st game of season

The Islands are named after the latin for dog - the birds are named after the islands...

Back on topic.... We need a song for Merlin (old or new) to sing loud and proud at every game... not sure about all this flag stuff myself?

How about
David Silva Ole, David Silva Ole
Ole, Ole

We all turn up in magicians and wizards outfits.

Correct answer:

Largest-gathering-of-people-dressed-as-wizards_tcm25-452349.jpg

I'd quite like that, actually.

No, though, I'll tell you what. I've been thinking very seriously about this since the announcement. There is one man — and one man only — that I would strongly like to hand over whatever trophy/present City elects to give at Merlin's last match, and to say a few words into the microphone. He won't willingly do it, because he hates the limelight and he's a very private man, but I really think that the club should ask him to be the one (and it's not bloody Hugh Ferris, by the way!).
I am of course talking about King Colin. I thought about writing to the club about this, but my word would of course carry no weight. For a long, long time, I considered him to be the best player I'd ever seen in a City shirt. Almost reluctantly (because you're always loyal to your boyhood heroes) I have accepted over these ten years that it is David Silva. Colin has himself gone on record as saying that Merlin is the best he's ever seen at City. It would be absolutely fitting that the final accolade comes from him. It would be very, very special precisely because he never does this kind of thing.
Perhaps if there's a groundswell of opinion favourable to this we could organise some sort of collective request? A sort of petition? Who knows, might have some weight. Long time to go, we've got a whole season in front of us.
There was a series on BT Sport a couple of years ago, featuring major City matches from the 70s. I watched Bell intently, as back then I don't think I could really have appreciated the technicalities if the game as I do now.

After watching greats like Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Barnes, Tueart, Owen, Royle, Kidd, Hartford, Channon etc, I'm of no doubt whatsoever that David Silva is the best player I've ever seen pulling on a City shirt, bar none.

It's heartbreaking seeing one's heros move on, but Silva will forever be at the top of them all. He's simply the best, who rewrote what a midfielder in British football could be. Funnily enough, the first player to show glimpses of that was another City Player, Ali Benarbia.

Just imagine a squad with Silva, Yaya, Benarbia, Berkovic, Bell & Kinkladze in it..... Silva would still be Merlin The Magician.

The Islands are named after the latin for dog - the birds are named after the islands...

Back on topic.... We need a song for Merlin (old or new) to sing loud and proud at every game... not sure about all this flag stuff myself?

There was a series on BT Sport a couple of years ago, featuring major City matches from the 70s. I watched Bell intently, as back then I don't think I could really have appreciated the technicalities if the game as I do now.

After watching greats like Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Barnes, Tueart, Owen, Royle, Kidd, Hartford, Channon etc, I'm of no doubt whatsoever that David Silva is the best player I've ever seen pulling on a City shirt, bar none.

It's heartbreaking seeing one's heros move on, but Silva will forever be at the top of them all. He's simply the best, who rewrote what a midfielder in British football could be. Funnily enough, the first player to show glimpses of that was another City Player, Ali Benarbia.

Just imagine a squad with Silva, Yaya, Benarbia, Berkovic, Bell & Kinkladze in it..... Silva would still be Merlin The Magician.
Yaya is the best ever, for me.

The islands might have something to do with Ww2 German Admiral Wilhelm Canaris, maybe we can all dress like Uboat crewmen

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.