trojan horse??

well my thingymabob gives me the option to remove virus when scan is finished and it puts it in a vault type thingy and thats all the help? i can give

well after you did that run another scan and it should tell you if its still their, failing that pm shady he seems well up on comps

Norton's a bag of shite , it causes more problems than it's actually capable of solving.

It will put the onus on you to remove it by digging into your hard drive , and deleting all associated file types containing the virus's name .......... although if , at the end of the scan' it recommends 'quarantining' the virus , do it ...... that should isolate it from the rest of your hard drive.

Try typin' the name of your virus into the internet ....... sometimes there's a free removal tool for that type of virus on offer.

Or try the 'system restore' function ......... if the virus hasn't taken a stranglehold on that particular program you can attempt put your computer back to a time when you DIDN'T have the virus.

Or go onto a site like 'trojanhunter' ....... sometimes sites such as thses will offer a months free trial of their product , with a full working version ......... simply keep it on your computer for a month , use it , and then uninstall it when it finally asks for payment should you want to keep it.

Finally when you get you machine clean take a 'ghost image' of your hard drive ...... that way if anything like this , or worse , ever happens again you can simply restore the healthy ghost image' straight back over it!

By the way some will tell you there's a tech forum for this!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.