Trouble at Khan Fight

s61blue

Anyone go to the Khan fight last night and saw the trouble in block 206? Kicked off right in front of me twice, thought it was going to be a full scale riot at one point!!

Amount of scousers queue jumping in the bar area could have caused a riot as well!!

We saw it kicking off loads in there ! was sat with about 500 Khan fans behind me doing Muslim chanting in between rounds, now dont get me wrong i aint racist but there was no need for it at a boxing match ! When he won they were giving shit to any white guys they saw like it was a whites v's asian thing and that any white guy was supporting Barerra ...... well i suppose they were right on the last bit! ....... I wish he got his fucking head smashed in !!

Fanzone Danny said:
We saw it kicking off loads in there ! was sat with about 500 Khan fans behind me doing Muslim chanting in between rounds, now dont get me wrong i aint racist but there was no need for it at a boxing match ! When he won they were giving shit to any white guys they saw like it was a whites v's asian thing and that any white guy was supporting Barerra ...... well i suppose they were right on the last bit! ....... I wish he got his fucking head smashed in !!

oh dear...... seen this kind of thing before I'm afraid.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Fanzone Danny said:

oh dear...... seen this kind of thing before I'm afraid.

Yeah the shoe used to be on the other foot.
Both are unacceptable.

PistonBlue said:
Didn't hear any muslim chanting? but there was a definite racial edge to the night. A lot of the white guys backing Barrera, all the Asians backing Khan, waving Pakistani flags etc.

I don't think it's a purely racial thing, but there was a hint of it from both sides.
why dont they fuck off and wave em in pakistan then!

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
He is British end of. If he and his fans don't see that then he should fight under a different country and I will no longer support him.

It's not that simple though is it. A lot of Khan's Asian fans (and indeed Khan himself) are young lads from Pakistani backgrounds. They are British in that they were born here, but much of their homelife and cultural influence is Pakistani. They are proud of their roots and want to show it. Nowt wrong with that in itself but it can alienate white British fans and create a racial/cultural divide among boxing fans.

Personally I don't give shit what nationality Khan is, I can't take to the guy. Brash, cocky, arrogant, are not traits I particularly admire. He looked pretty good last night and the most of the situation he found himself in.

PistonBlue said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
He is British end of. If he and his fans don't see that then he should fight under a different country and I will no longer support him.

It's not that simple though is it. A lot of Khan's Asian fans (and indeed Khan himself) are young lads from Pakistani backgrounds. They are British in that they were born here, but much of their homelife and cultural influence is Pakistani. They are proud of their roots and want to show it. Nowt wrong with that in itself but it can alienate white British fans and create a racial/cultural divide among boxing fans.

Personally I don't give shit what nationality Khan is, I can't take to the guy. Brash, cocky, arrogant, are not traits I particularly admire. He looked pretty good last night and the most of the situation he found himself in.

So why not get the crowd with Pakistani background to fly the flag bearing both nations??

Problem solved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.