Trouble in the East Stand??

From the TV, it looks like there appears to be a bare minimum of Stewards around level one tonight?

Hands off approach has obviously led to 20 odd minutes of stunned silence! ;)

Manx Blue said:
From the TV, it looks like there appears to be a bare minimum of Stewards around level one tonight?

a def lack of hi viz jackets and thats the way it should be, cant even spot a showsec top

The banner worked a treat. Might have only lasted a couple of minutes before the City stewards took it off me on the instructions from the security room(apparently), but it got a good cheer and rounds of applause from blocks 109 and 110.

To be fair the stewards were OK about it apart from the first one who was a bit of a misery. Made my point, shook the supervisors hand, and handed over the banner.

Told him the fans had no problems with the City stewards, only the Showsec stewards. Thought the self policing by the fans tonight was spot on. No problems at all. Fair play to City.

Oh! Don't think the cards will be used again. Defo UEFA fine coming City's way.

Unfortunately ShowSec have tarnished the relationship between fans and ground staff, including stewards. We have a great steward, lil wee man always sat down from us happy smiling man.

Others just act like plastic cops, but maybe they are the Showsec lot. Very wary of em all now, don't trust em, slightly ruins the match day experience.

A quick message to the staff at Showsec and more important City. What happened last weekend has started something that is going to end in complete mess and have us all looking like proper dicks. If the club doesn't do something about Showsec then it's on their head when the shit hits the fan between supporters and Showsec, and it will. If I've learnt one thing at City, its fellow fans are family and if you mess with one your messing with them all, and I wouldn't fancy my chances against 5-10,000 pissed off city fans. The security and even police won't be able to stop what will happen when it does, and that's what I fear, a big fucking mess and bad image on English football. Like the cunts at UEFA and FIFA need more excuses for slating us.

This just isn't going to have a happy ending unless Fletcher owns up to his failures and we get rid of Showsec and employ actual supporters of our club to look after other supporters of our club.

I saw it at the bottom of 111 steps. Said something like "Showsec leave our fans alone" I think. Decent attempt, think whoevers it was brought it out to early

marco said:
Manx Blue said:

a def lack of hi viz jackets and thats the way it should be, cant even spot a showsec top

I think that might have been because UEFA have their own champion's League steward bibs that people had to wear (probably something to do with advertising as having Showsec emblazoned on tops would be in direct violation of UEFA's strict advertising rules). I spotted a few Showsec coats hidden away under bright orange Champion's League bibs.

Any blues help my mate who's going to court for getting involved in all of this??

I'm not exactly sure how he got involved as I was sat in the South Stand, but he got arrested either way! I think he's been accused of assaulting the steward involved in this?! His solicitor needs to get in touch with anyone who witnessed the steward man-handling/hitting the man involved in this.

If anyone is willing to pass on a contact number or to speak further in a private message then it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.