Trouble in the North Stand second tier vs United

Went to a Hamburg v Werder Bremen game, which I was told would be a feisty affair, due to historical hatred over trading via their respective ports. Lots of groups having both sets of fans together.
The police operation outside the ground had water tanks and armed Coppers, but inside the stadium everything was fine...
I think there's probably parts of S.America you wouldn't want to sit in another part of the stadium but they would still have mixed zones i'm sure. I think it's also one of the reasons that the Ultras thing has never taken off here. I wonder whether it would actually be a better atmosphere if you just had parts of the stadium that were mixed for people who just want to watch the game and anyone can really go. Then really strict areas where its 'ultras' only who are there to make as much noise as possible. I don't know if its a good or bad thing myself, sometimes feels a bit manufactured when European clubs come over and do it at our place.

I think there's probably parts of S.America you wouldn't want to sit in another part of the stadium but they would still have mixed zones i'm sure. I think it's also one of the reasons that the Ultras thing has never taken off here. I wonder whether it would actually be a better atmosphere if you just had parts of the stadium that were mixed for people who just want to watch the game and anyone can really go. Then really strict areas where its 'ultras' only who are there to make as much noise as possible. I don't know if its a good or bad thing myself, sometimes feels a bit manufactured when European clubs come over and do it at our place.

We went to Flamengo v Vasco da Gama last year in Rio, which is quite a tasty derby, where they often have trouble between fans. They have the areas behind each goal which are for the Ultras, but the stand along the pitch side was mixed. You had people from the same families supporting different teams sat next to each other.

I just think it's a desperately sad comment on society that some people cannot tolerate sitting next to someone who supports a different team. Not quite the same within both codes of rugby.
True at Union have supported Ireland loudly at Murrayfield and Twickenham while being surrounded by home fans. At league not always the case, would no more have cheered Wigan in the Fletcher St than I would City in the Stretford End.

We went to Flamengo v Vasco da Gama last year in Rio, which is quite a tasty derby, where they often have trouble between fans. They have the areas behind each goal which are for the Ultras, but the stand along the pitch side was mixed. You had people from the same families supporting different teams sat next to each other.
People from same family supporting different teams

No chance I would even acknowledge a family member if they were a Rag or a dipper

What sort of utter brain dead thug goes up to an obvious half-and-half tourist type and kicks off like that?!

Fair enough if it's some dyed in the wool rag who was in our end and kicked off themselves but some innocent tourist....get to fuck.

Hope they get a life ban. ****.

There's definitely an increase in the knobhead contingent in our fanbase post-covid, it's like some morons have forgotten how to behave in civil society.

I reported some twat for shouting racist abuse earlier this season and did the club give a shit? Did they fuck.

I just think it's a desperately sad comment on society that some people cannot tolerate sitting next to someone who supports a different team. Not quite the same within both codes of rugby.
When football becomes so sanitised that all fans mix together in harmony it loses a lot of what makes the game so addictive.
Sure, we shouldn’t be punching people but it wouldn’t be an issue if they knew they shouldn’t be there in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.