True Legends

I'd have Shauny in my list too. Not the best player ever at City, but still a very good one in his day and still a legend IMO.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Bert Trautmann. A great, great goalkeeper, a hero in all senses of the word (including incredible wartime adventures), honoured for his work in Anglo-German relations, not far behind Alan Oakes in terms of number of appearances.....in other words, a true man, a legend.

Has to be

Yaya
Tevez
Silva
Kompany
Zab
Aguero
Hart
Skip (Tony Book)

from 75 onwards of me watching City, i cant really think of many legends as i think they have to attain true greatness, Nostalgia doesnt make a legend. I would probably put Caton and Watson up there. I wouldn't say Kinkladze as we will never know what he could have done in a great team, yes a few pieces of magic which we loved at the time because we were generally utterly shite.

PS its hard to choose 5

For me, part of being a club legend, is more than just what you do on the pitch, it's also about buying into the philosophy of the club and the fans. On that basis I've been fortunate to see several who I consider worthy of the tag:
Tony Book, Colin Bell, Franny Lee, Mike Doyle, Mike Summerbee, Alan Oakes, Tommy Booth, Sean Goater, Richard Dunne, SWP, David Silva, Zaba, Vincent Kompany, Sergio Aguero and Yaya.

I hope everybody realizes that David Silva has never won City's player of the year, this cannot go on.So please everyone don't let this injustice go on and make David player of the year this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.