True Legends

Always one to be awkward, how do we define a legend???
Only someone you've seen in the flesh?? Or someone you KNOW contributed hugely to the club?? We do have a Hall of Fame .
From our current crop I'd pick 4:
1) Merlin
2) Mr Vincent Kompany
3) Pablo Zabaleta
4) (and this won't sit well with some) Yaya Toure

1) because he is possibly the best player I've seen in City colours (Ali B does give him a run for his money IMHO)
2) what can you say about our captain and leader
3) I suspect he's had offers to go elsewhere - what a truly fantastic servant to our club. I want us to find a way for him to finish his career here (I suspect personal pride may prohibit it ☹)
4) the man dragged us kicking and screaming across several hurdles. Yes his agent is a complete %&*> - but that's not his fault

So that's my personal view on our current squad
Is that you Boothy

Its difficult to limit the number of TRUE Legends as it forces the 'lister' to compare players from different eras which is impossible. For Me it has to be
Trautman
Bell
Zabba
Silva
Kun

There have been a couple of posts including Dickov and I cannot agree with that, not in a true legends list. yes he scored a season defining goal and his attitude was always brilliant but a main striker that averaged 10 goals a season is not a legend. If he had a better average we would never have fallen to the 2nd division and should never have needed a play off final to get out of it.

Always one to be awkward, how do we define a legend???
Only someone you've seen in the flesh?? Or someone you KNOW contributed hugely to the club?? We do have a Hall of Fame .
From our current crop I'd pick 4:
1) Merlin
2) Mr Vincent Kompany
3) Pablo Zabaleta
4) (and this won't sit well with some) Yaya Toure

1) because he is possibly the best player I've seen in City colours (Ali B does give him a run for his money IMHO)
2) what can you say about our captain and leader
3) I suspect he's had offers to go elsewhere - what a truly fantastic servant to our club. I want us to find a way for him to finish his career here (I suspect personal pride may prohibit it ☹)
4) the man dragged us kicking and screaming across several hurdles. Yes his agent is a complete %&*> - but that's not his fault

So that's my personal view on our current squad
As far as legends are concerned go back through the records and see whose name comes up when we have won trophies and one name is consistent with the goals we scored NEIL YOUNG!!!!

In no particular order, although Dunnie would always be top!!

1. Richard Dunne
2. Vincent Kompany
3. Pablo Zabaleta
4. Mike Summerbee
5. Paul Lake

I've got Mike Doyle, David Silva, Aguero, Hart, Trautmann, Goater Micah Richards on my extended list. I found that a very, very hard list to bring down to just five! And the twelve mentioned were only part of a really long list!!

Only from players I've seen
SWP
Silva
Toure
Aguero
Kompany
Hart
Zaba

Lake just didn't play long enough really for me

Eric Brook
Bert Trautmann
Colin Bell
Yaya Toure
Sergio Aguero

I'm glad Yaya is getting plenty of mentions! Doesn't get talked about in the same breath as Silva, Aguero or zabaleta but he is number one for me. Signed from Barcelona and took us to the next level and gave his prime years to us. Could argue single handedly won us our first trophy in many years with his goals and performances in the semi and final. He then dragged us over the line in that Newcastle game to set us up for the title. Same again 2 years later 20 plus goals and was unbelievable especially that villa game.

I'm glad Yaya is getting plenty of mentions! Doesn't get talked about in the same breath as Silva, Aguero or zabaleta but he is number one for me. Signed from Barcelona and took us to the next level and gave his prime years to us. Could argue single handedly won us our first trophy in many years with his goals and performances in the semi and final. He then dragged us over the line in that Newcastle game to set us up for the title. Same again 2 years later 20 plus goals and was unbelievable especially that villa game.

Yes Yaya is certainly a "big game player" I was surprised Pep left him out quite a few of the biggest games we had lately.

Ya ya, tevez, aguero, silva, kompany... Special mention for zabba, Paul lake, kinky, Ali...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.