Tues/Weds Champs League

Tried to go through without even trying in the first half. Upped it a gear in the second and brushed them aside. Benfica will be worthy competition in the finals, at least we'll have to play a full strength side for the first time. They were good in the CL last season.

Chelsea-Benfica should be a very good final indeed. I'd want Benfica to win it because they have some decent players and play some good football at times. Chelsea do have the upper-hand though, even if in the slightest.

Fancy Benfica to beat Chelsea, they will play a real cup final performance. Just look at how much it means to them.

It looks like it should be a good final but these 2 teams started the season in a different competition and only started playing in it in Feb. That's what is wrong with the Europa League

Castiel said:
jauganaut said:
Dortmund will win. Bayern's defense will get found out when they meet their match.
Plus I suspect that based on their reaction to Real Madrid after the Gotze issue, they will be up for this match.
Bayern has blown their load too early in my opinion.

I actually think their defence has been outstanding.

GHoddle said:
I think Dortmund's the only team in the world who could beat them, at least in a big match. They know how to play them.

I have to say this is the best CL season I can remember for a long time. The cream rose to the top this season and Bayern in particular have been unbelievably good. Beating teams like Juventus and Barcelona 4-0 and 7-0 on aggregate takes a truly special team to do. That Juventus team were Italian champions and went unbeaten last season, Barcelona is Barcelona and are going to win La Liga again, but Bayern absolutely demolished both of them. Funny that Arsenal were the only team that ran them close.

Same with Dortmund, undefeated winners of the group of death, and beat 3 top quality teams in the knockouts. Whichever team wins will truly deserve it.

While both teams deserve it that wasn't the Barca of previous years. Maybe Pep leaving has hurt them more than it seemed. Messi has been injured. They're just clearly not the same side that humiliated United twice and dominated Europe for the last 4 years. There was no cutting edge, no relentless pressing, no intricate passing through the lines. Even Xavi had poor pass completion stats by his usual standards. Iniesta was annonymous. Bayern got to meet them at the best possible time.

Had they defeated us in the semi last year, I don't think Barca would have been demolished in the final. Who knows if they're genuinely on a decline or if circumstances just conspired against them in this tie, but they weren't very good against PSG either.

Madrid on the other hand are their own worst enemies. They just played awfully in the first leg and suffered for it. They could have turned it around in the second but things didn't come off for them. But at least they put up a fight. Barca were just pathetic.

Yeah Barca weren't as good as they were previously but I think Bayern would still have won if they had been playing Pep's Barcelona team. Also PSG are really a top team with an excellent manager, so I wouldn't discount that fact in evaluating Barcelona's performance against them. Barca also beat a good Milan team 4-0 at home this season.

GHoddle said:
Castiel said:
jauganaut said:
Dortmund will win. Bayern's defense will get found out when they meet their match.
Plus I suspect that based on their reaction to Real Madrid after the Gotze issue, they will be up for this match.
Bayern has blown their load too early in my opinion.

I actually think their defence has been outstanding.

GHoddle said:
I think Dortmund's the only team in the world who could beat them, at least in a big match. They know how to play them.

I have to say this is the best CL season I can remember for a long time. The cream rose to the top this season and Bayern in particular have been unbelievably good. Beating teams like Juventus and Barcelona 4-0 and 7-0 on aggregate takes a truly special team to do. That Juventus team were Italian champions and went unbeaten last season, Barcelona is Barcelona and are going to win La Liga again, but Bayern absolutely demolished both of them. Funny that Arsenal were the only team that ran them close.

Same with Dortmund, undefeated winners of the group of death, and beat 3 top quality teams in the knockouts. Whichever team wins will truly deserve it.

While both teams deserve it that wasn't the Barca of previous years. Maybe Pep leaving has hurt them more than it seemed. Messi has been injured. They're just clearly not the same side that humiliated United twice and dominated Europe for the last 4 years. There was no cutting edge, no relentless pressing, no intricate passing through the lines. Even Xavi had poor pass completion stats by his usual standards. Iniesta was annonymous. Bayern got to meet them at the best possible time.

Had they defeated us in the semi last year, I don't think Barca would have been demolished in the final. Who knows if they're genuinely on a decline or if circumstances just conspired against them in this tie, but they weren't very good against PSG either.

Madrid on the other hand are their own worst enemies. They just played awfully in the first leg and suffered for it. They could have turned it around in the second but things didn't come off for them. But at least they put up a fight. Barca were just pathetic.

Yeah Barca weren't as good as they were previously but I think Bayern would still have won if they had been playing Pep's Barcelona team. Also PSG are really a top team with an excellent manager, so I wouldn't discount that fact in evaluating Barcelona's performance against them. Barca also beat a good Milan team 4-0 at home this season.

Actually - Dortmund knew how to beat them. That was last year - this year Dortmund did not really look good in any of their matches. The results do not reflect how much better Bayern was in this matches. In the last match Reus and Lewandowski were not seen - they were taken out of the match very effectively.

But - that is the problem: You can be dominant and have chances - but you need to convert them. If you do not - and make a mistake (and that can happen to every team) - you can loose. And you need big game players - players that show their value not only in the normal matches but especially in the big ones.

hope chelsea win, i back all english teams in europe apart from the rags and arsenal.

bayern blade said:
Bayern were absolutely magnificent, totally destroyed Barcelona ! Very proud of the team tonight !

I was at the nou camp for the semi final between Barca n Bayern ...

Decided to go on a bit of a mission to see if i could get in the game,flew over in the morning went outside the ground and got a ticket from the ticket office ...

What an experience the nou camp is ... awesome ...just a pity it was the worst performance by a barca team for years and i never got to see messi play lol

But worth every penny of the trip

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.