Tuesday is more important than Saturday

super_city_si said:
If we win on tuesdayit leaves us free to leave everything on the field on saturday.

would you really trust city going away to bolton, last game of the season knowing we have to win to qualify for the CL, that would be a clssical 'typical city' moment why cant we do both

No it isn't! The final is far more important. We have to win a troph to tear down that hideous sign at the swamp. IF, there had to be a choice, it would be winning the cup. We could actually get knocked out in the qualifying round al la Everton a few years ago and Spurs (nearly) last year against Young Boys; not inconceivable as we're still a work in progress.

In the end; I'm condident we'll win the cup, get 4th and get through to group stages, possibly beyond.

Any chance we can't do both ?

Trophy would do wonders for confidence.

Finishing 4th would attract the right kind of attention for next season (I'd say forget about qualification as it stands with the current team, finishing 4th could mean building an even better team around the likes of Silva and Kompany)

Nijinski said:
No it isn't! The final is far more important. We have to win a troph to tear down that hideous sign at the swamp. IF, there had to be a choice, it would be winning the cup. We could actually get knocked out in the qualifying round al la Everton a few years ago and Spurs (nearly) last year against Young Boys; not inconceivable as we're still a work in progress.

In the end; I'm condident we'll win the cup, get 4th and get through to group stages, possibly beyond.

F**k united, it has nothing to do with the sign at the swamp. We have to win a trophy because we want success. Couldn't give a shit what the rags do, its about us now, stop gauging our future success on what they do or win.

mammutly said:
I know we all want the bling now, but the future development of this club needs the CL more.

I'm sure Mancini realises this, so expect nothing except the best available team giving an absolue 110% on Tuesday. The Spurs game is more important than preparing for the final.

Finishing 4th doesnt give us champions league football, merely an opportunity to play it. Saturday does give us a trophy and get that monkey off our back.

At this moment in time the most important game is Tottenham simply coz its the next..... After Tuesday the next most important game is Stoke.

We have to win one as we do the other either way round.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Listen if these players fck 4th up now they want lining up against a wall and shooting.

Taking all financial issues aside next Saturday is our most important game for 30 years.

If we lose it will be a complete disaster and we will once again be a laughing stock!

These thoughts echo mine.

30 years since our last final, Saturday is hugely important - I just want to see City win at least ONE trophy in my lifetime!!

Also, all that effort of beating them rag twats only to lose in the next round, defeats the object (as great as that day was and the memories are)

As others haves stated, if we can't beat Stoke City at home and get at least a point against Bolton, then there is something wrong,

The only extra "edge" Tuesday has for me, is the fact its against spurs...... and I HATE fookin spurs!!

Win our 5th FA Cup. We need this big time and lets bloody well enjoy Saturday. Bury the ghosts of 1981, for me anyway, first time football made me cry, I was 8! I want to dance in the fountain on Trafalgar Square.
To answer the question, lets get both, come on City!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stoke is shit in away game plus I hate to say this if they won final they would be very busy celebration than preparation and surely not give a shit on PL game 4 days later. However if we win final, chance is they would want Europa place more than ever.
In any case, we still have bolton as our last resort to get the points we need.
So Sat is more important. I die to watch that game.

starting to get the feeling that more want the fa cup than forth place,which as already stated 4th does'nt guarantee champions league,i want to be greedy and have both but i cant decide on just one if pushed..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.