Turkish Barbers

Vape shops always seem to be empty. Definitely a scam going on

Why would a retail premises that was laundering huge sums of cash through the business not pay its business rates? That doesn’t make any sense.
Yeah, it seems strange, but I think there's some weird combination of shell companies, and fairly temporary arrangements meaning that they have no quibbles about quickly disappearing with unpaid bills. Perhaps they're not laundering it in the eyes of the UK government, but wherever the money is actually ending up?

I quite liked the old style barbers in the 80s that always had a badly tuned in radio somewhere . I think I paid 11quid last time I went to a "turkish" barbers which is ridiculously good value. That said, I mostly just use clippers on myself nowadays. I can see how these small independent businesses could be susceptible to being approached by OCGs to launder money for them. Same goes for the sheer amount of takeaways everywhere. I had it on very good authority years ago that barbers and takeaways were being used to wash dirty drugs money, it's nothing new.

Yes of course some are money laundering.
Customer who is a copper and works in whatever dept investigates also said a high percentage of indian restaurants, kebab shops, takeaways and car washes are too.

Not sure its racist to say so and probably doesnt help to say it is

I suspect some people have watched a few too many episodes of Better Call Saul.

And also don’t really understand the difference between money laundering and not running a few transactions through the books.

I suspect some people have watched a few too many episodes of Better Call Saul.

And also don’t really understand the difference between money laundering and not running a few transactions through the books.
Come to oldham one of the poorest regions and look at the amount of kebab shops, barbers and vape places, takeaways aren’t cheap anymore, on average they have about 4 people working in them, on supposedly minimum wage 7 days a week, that’s a lot of takeaways they all need to sell! Car wash near me has 6 blokes probably working 10 hour days, so that’s about £700 a day in wages, plus the water bill, business rates etc, £6 a car, that’s a lot of cars a day just to break even. That’s not a few transactions, it’s money laundering on a massive scale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.