Turnstiles Broke! Massives Queues Outside The Ground

Things at City are generally very good, but there's always room for improvement and there's always mistakes to be made.
Today's handing was poor and needs to be addressed and improved.

There are implications both for security and safety in the way things were communicated (or weren't), and how they were handled. Not everybody receives text messages just a couple of hours before the game) and there really should have been more notice, explanation and signage.

Whilst it might seem like overkill to mention the likes of Hillsborough, but it's also worth noting that most disasters happen as a confluence of mistakes / poor handling - so it's important that seemingly innocuous stuff like asking fans to enter via different turnstiles, and to arrive earlier than usual are well communicated.

Last edited:
What I want to know Is the corporate block in SS2 behind the goal was only a third full with 5 minutes of the second half played. The hospitality must be that good that the plastic ****s would rather feed their bellies with some posh grub, rather than feasting on the delights of Silva, Aguero, De Bruyne etc.
The cookers were out in sympathy with the turnstiles, so the food was all late arriving.

Cheers Blue Moan. You are a bit of a contradiction. You are concerned that we dropped 2 points - i.e. you expect better on the pitch. Me too. But the equivalent of failing to be the best that we can be in terms of operations, logistics and supporter communications/interactions is something that is acceptable to you. The Pep principle that we can and should always strive to be better is something that we should be insisting on in all aspects of the Club - don't you think?

I agree with almost everything you say about the quality of the whole match day experience - but it needs to be even better.

Thought we were a bit unlucky today but not quite at our best and missing two penalties. I have season tickets in level 2 but frequently sit in other parts of the stadium for different games I.e cup games and when my dad comes I take him in the lower tier as he struggles walking up. I have no issue whatsoever with the ground. There are clearly issues with the glass wall but as I explained in the other thread my understanding is that the club are converting office space within the west stand by next season to improve facilities. They are also launching a new end at the south stand which will be much less corporate and cheaper tickets. The seats in the centre of the lower tier behind the dugouts are as good as you can get and the club are improving the offering there as part of the longer term development plan for the stadium. They are not looking to just turn it into a corporate bowl. 90 percent of the lower tier is non corporate and 60 percent of the middle tier. Up until today I had never had any issues with turnstile queuing. I actually went in today at about 3 minutes past 3 and literally took 2 minutes. Unfortunately in the world today there are security issues and I felt today that there must have been something going on as the checks seemed more keen. Genuinely I have never had an issue getting food or having a piss on any level of the stadium. Perhaps on the lower tier in certain areas it has got temporarily worse but I certainly would not let it spoil my day. As for the club and tickets I phone up regularly or use the website to buy tickets and am always treated well and find the service first class. I can only voice my true opinion. I love going, find the service and views excellent. The team very good and I genuinely don't get this nonsense about fan disconnnection and the ultra negativity. I just don't get it - sorry if that makes you think I am an arrogant dickhead!!

Fear not guys.
There will be a nice little questionnaire due next week so we can describe our match day experiences regarding being locked out until 3.15.
Nice one City!
Dear Supporter. How much would you pay for a "Fast Track Entry System into the ground to enhance your match day experience, please tick one of the following options"
1. Fuck all you're taking the piss (please note you will be unsubscribed from future surveys if you select this neolithic option)
2. £50 (Please only select this option if you accept it will be on top of the "Platinum tax"
3. £What ever. It's our first game at City and my ipad battery was getting low after taking so many pictures I actually had to watch the game with my EYES not through the ipad whist recording the oppisition players to post on my social media sites I mean WTF is that about, actually using my EYES ??
As ever we thank you for your continued support.
With best regards
Soriano and team.
P.S. If you can think of any other ways we can monetise you, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

The issue isn't about negativity but safety. The surge and crushing of fans was predictable and avoidable.

Dear Supporter. How much would you pay for a "Fast Track Entry System into the ground to enhance your match day experience, please tick one of the following options"
1. Fuck all you're taking the piss (please note you will be unsubscribed from future surveys if you select this neolithic option)
2. £50 (Please only select this option if you accept it will be on top of the "Platinum tax"
3. £What ever. It's our first game at City and my ipad battery was getting low after taking so many pictures I actually had to watch the game with my EYES not through the ipad whist recording the oppisition players to post on my social media sites I mean WTF is that about, actually using my EYES ??
As ever we thank you for your continued support.
With best regards
Soriano and team.
P.S. If you can think of any other ways we can monetise you, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Harsh, but fair.

Thought we were a bit unlucky today but not quite at our best and missing two penalties. I have season tickets in level 2 but frequently sit in other parts of the stadium for different games I.e cup games and when my dad comes I take him in the lower tier as he struggles walking up. I have no issue whatsoever with the ground. There are clearly issues with the glass wall but as I explained in the other thread my understanding is that the club are converting office space within the west stand by next season to improve facilities. They are also launching a new end at the south stand which will be much less corporate and cheaper tickets. The seats in the centre of the lower tier behind the dugouts are as good as you can get and the club are improving the offering there as part of the longer term development plan for the stadium. They are not looking to just turn it into a corporate bowl. 90 percent of the lower tier is non corporate and 60 percent of the middle tier. Up until today I had never had any issues with turnstile queuing. I actually went in today at about 3 minutes past 3 and literally took 2 minutes. Unfortunately in the world today there are security issues and I felt today that there must have been something going on as the checks seemed more keen. Genuinely I have never had an issue getting food or having a piss on any level of the stadium. Perhaps on the lower tier in certain areas it has got temporarily worse but I certainly would not let it spoil my day. As for the club and tickets I phone up regularly or use the website to buy tickets and am always treated well and find the service first class. I can only voice my true opinion. I love going, find the service and views excellent. The team very good and I genuinely don't get this nonsense about fan disconnnection and the ultra negativity. I just don't get it - sorry if that makes you think I am an arrogant dickhead!!

I think what irritates some is that you're generally dismissive of other people's legitimate complaints simply because your own personal experience is good.

Just as a matter of interest, something that just occurred to me, was it only the home fans turnstiles that broke does anyone know? Plus I hope that all the Everton fans were subjected to the same level of security as the home fans as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.