TV Games - Dec/Jan

It's not the mileage per se it's the time, all other Clubs have less than us at a time when people are under financial and family pressure. As an example Palace away New Years Eve away, second year running we will play on the 31st Dec, no Boxing Day or New Years Day fixture and two long away commutes. Effectively no home football over the Christmas holiday, that would never happen to Trafford Rangers.

I bet these stats would have been missed, had the date changes not occurred. These distances would always have been.
Yes the distances will always be the same but not in such a condensed time frame over the festive period. What about us the fans travelling these distances in this period? Especially with rail and tube closures of Christmas and New Year. The road journey to Palace from Manchester is a good 5hrs so a midday KO on New years eve! Not forgetting the late return from Newcastle three days before.

Yes the distances will always be the same but not in such a condensed time frame over the festive period. What about us the fans travelling these distances in this period? Especially with rail and tube closures of Christmas and New Year. The road journey to Palace from Manchester is a good 5hrs so a midday KO on New years eve! Not forgetting the late return from Newcastle three days before.
I agree. Thought some were just having a moan, due to TV time slots. I think the Premier League set these games at the start of the season.

To say we have been shafted is an understatement; even if we put aside the dates and changes. Analysis of the travel for teams over Christmas and new year says it all.

City 780 Miles
Tottenham 380 Miles
Arsenal 268 Miles
Liverpool 104 Miles
Swamp dwellers 68 Miles
Chelsea 18 Miles
Good old coach piss ups for the festive season and good trips away in my view.

Plus this month our travel will be just one little trip down the M6+5 to West Bromwich, of 83 miles, in a six game month.

In fact thinking about this, it’s actually easier for a lot of Blues to be getting to these long trips during the festive season as a lot of people are off work on these days. For other sets of fans they might have to do those trips at times in the season when they don’t get that advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems it must be the PL dragging their feet as usual. NYD fixtures still showing a full programme of 3pm KO's. Looking at some of the other fixtures there's no way that's going to happen. They'll be waiting to sort out the TV changes. No consideration for match going fans, but no change there.

Are we still in the dark with regard to January's TV fixtures?

Worse than that - I called the ticket office yesterday to refund a couple of Watford tickets that I had bought for my friend on the 1st Jan and was told that the TV slots had been fixed but the fixtures had yet to be officially confirmed to the club!!!

It's not the mileage per se it's the time, all other Clubs have less than us at a time when people are under financial and family pressure. As an example Palace away New Years Eve away, second year running we will play on the 31st Dec, no Boxing Day or New Years Day fixture and two long away commutes. Effectively no home football over the Christmas holiday, that would never happen to Trafford Rangers.

Away games are not compulsory.

I'm sure the slack would be taken up by some who don't have family commitments or even live closer if some with commitments have it a miss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.