TV Money drying up.

bluenova said:
Goater666 said:
It promises to tear at the heart of Sky’s success, built from years of investment.

Objective reporting from the Rupert Murdoch owned Times Newspaper.
Haha you have to feel for the poor bastard don't you..

Great so I'll need to have a BT box, Virgin box, SKY box and a top up TV whatever that is to catch the games on TV? One week it could be on SKY, other it could be on BT which you don't get on SKY. Great.

Tv money drying up yes it has in most sports but not for football. If Sky were to loose the rights to the league everyone would leave them straight away. I can see the priemier league doing just to please this saying no company is aloud to have more than 3 of the 6 packages on offer in the not too distance future. With ESPN now a huge Rival to Sky than Setanta Sport ever was there is more competition for games between the big 2 than ever before and I expect Sky will hold onto the Sunday games and the rest could end up with ESPN. The next deal will be the biggest deal of lot to keep the so called big 4 happy and so they dont go out and do there own tv deal.

Blue Smarties said:
Great so I'll need to have a BT box, Virgin box, SKY box and a top up TV whatever that is to catch the games on TV? One week it could be on SKY, other it could be on BT which you don't get on SKY. Great.
I only scanned it, but I'm pretty sure it's saying the opposite of that.

Sky are pissing and moaning because you'll be able to watch their games through ANY box, rather than having to buy off them directly.

Dubai Blue said:
Blue Smarties said:
I only scanned it, but I'm pretty sure it's saying the opposite of that.

Sky are pissing and moaning because you'll be able to watch their games through ANY box, rather than having to buy off them directly.
Good! Article confused the fook out of me lol.

It was going to happen one day.

Luckily were in a position for it not to affect us which cannot be said for virtually every other club. We may have a la liga situation of at least 7 clubs limping through that season.

i read this article in the guardian a few weeks ago which suggests, if anything, sky will still gain from the changes anyway.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/mar/08/ofcom-pay-tv-bskyb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/ma ... y-tv-bskyb</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.