tv on wall

Just as an aside, why does everyone always mount a TV way too high on their wall? Surely you want the TV to be at the same level as your head when you're sitting down?

Totally agree. Centre of tv should be just above eye level (there’s guide you can use somewhere).

Btw...sniff, sniff...

kiPMD75.jpg

The correct answer is Rigifix - goes through the plasterboard, across the cavity and into the brick like a massive raw plug, you then screw in the inside which spread the fixing making it secure. Bracket on, bolt it in, job's a good'un.

I've used these for 75" interactive screens which are massively heavier than a normal telly.

I used the grip it's to do mine, been okay for the last 2 years. My TV is on the outside wall which is plaster board that has been "dabbed" on. I got the tool that goes through the hole that you drill and gets rid of any "dabbing" that was stopping the little wings from opening. Not sure what size the TV is though to be fair.
7f4bfa41ae7977aba42e8c21e5841710.jpg
Where's the TVs wires? Want to put my tv on the wall but don't want wires on show

Where's the TVs wires? Want to put my tv on the wall but don't want wires on show
Behind the wall, power is behind the fire place, and a couple hdmi leads run across to the unit at the side where my sky box and Blu-ray is.

I have a 55" on the wall
I just put small plastic plugs in the plasterboard, about 6 of them, its been fine, tv is very light
My studs are steel, didnt want to drill into them, theres cables in some of them.

All the ones I’ve put up are at pretty much eye level (when sitting down).
But yeah...some put them 8’ high which is fine for a boozer when you’re stood up but ridiculous when sat on your sofa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.