TV Series

Patriot - on Amazon. It's a dark comedy/drama about a US intelligence officer. Extremely well acted. And original songs which I quite like. As a comedy - the plot takes some unusual turns.

I guess what makes me like this series in the end - is that I like the protagonist. At the same time, the dialog and acting - while over-the-top - are fantastic.

It's a shame that Amazon did not renew this series for a third season.

What a disappointment. Stretching incredulity to the limit. Watched two episodes and it defied belief. Some dreadful acting as well.... Shame. I enjoyed the first series.
Have to agree. Fella who plays Baptiste verges on William Shatner levels of woeful over-acting. And the idea that, as a civilian, you could just rock up to the local police station and become part of the investigation, including conducting interviews if you please, was Grade A nonsense.
Been a disappointing week for TV, cos Fargo 4 was a car crash as well. 11 episodes of meandering cobblers. A shame cos I really enjoyed Fargo’s 1 to 3

Have to agree. Fella who plays Baptiste verges on William Shatner levels of woeful over-acting. And the idea that, as a civilian, you could just rock up to the local police station and become part of the investigation, including conducting interviews if you please, was Grade A nonsense.
Been a disappointing week for TV, cos Fargo 4 was a car crash as well. 11 episodes of meandering cobblers. A shame cos I really enjoyed Fargo’s 1 to 3
I was going to give Baptiste a swerve after reading this but then I saw what you thought about Fargo 4 and have now decided to give Baptiste a go after all ; )

Season 2 of 'Ted Lasso' starts next week, looking forward to it.
If you haven't seen any I strongly recommend you stream season 1,
It's a comedy drama about a fake Premier league club (afc Richmond) that is coached by an American NFL coach (Ted Lasso) who knows nothing of football. some very funny moments.
I was surprised by Ted Lasso. I thought it would be one longform SNL sketch with jokes that get tired after 10 minutes, but it's got some extremely endearing and sincere characters that really make it a good watch in the way that Parks and Recreation or Schitt's Creek were.

Another point, I find it intriguing that Man City are kind of the big bad in this series. I think the club have done well to get involved. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Apple approached City and did so before any other club.

One last thing, the actor who plays Jamie needs sort out his Manc accent. It's decent but it's completely lacking in that nasal aspect that's distinctive in the north west of the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.