TV Series

Enjoyed the first two episodes of the new series of Black Mirror, and the new season of Spiral looks decent so far too.

Think black mirror has gone rapidly down hill since joined Netflix lost its wow factor

Series 1 and 2 and the Xmas special all far superior to series 3 and 4

If anyone's not watched Travelers, it's a great, watchable Sci-fi that does the concept of time travel differently than done before. Balances what Sci-fi fans would want and those that aren't keen very well. Season 1 been up a while and the full season 2 dropped on boxing day. I binged Season 2 in a day.

Would recommend.

watched season 1 over Christmas enjoyed it very much. I knew i had seen it before but was unsure where i was up to so just watched it from the begining and it still kept me watching. Beginning to watch season 2 but seems like a lot of filler in the first episodes.

Enjoyed the first two episodes of the new series of Black Mirror, and the new season of Spiral looks decent so far too.

First episode of black mirror turned out great in the end, thought I'd hate it after that first scene, I do like Jesse plemmons though, second episode was very poor and dull.

Anyone see McMafia? I didn't, but saw that it got panned in the press so won't bother unless I hear otherwise..

Think black mirror has gone rapidly down hill since joined Netflix lost its wow factor

Series 1 and 2 and the Xmas special all far superior to series 3 and 4

See, I think that Black Mirror has always been a bit hit or miss. Even the first 2 seasons had at least 1 "dud" each - the Waldo episode for example is still probably the weakest of the series.

The past 2 seasons on Netflix have been the same in my opinion - 2 or 3 good episodes and the rest just "meh".

That being said the Netflix series seems to be a bit...lighter? Still not positive by any means but I think they've lost a bit of the existential dread the others had. The first 2 seasons always left you with an empty pit in your stomach whereas a good portion of the new ones have a relatively happy ending. I'm not sure if that's the direction Netflix is giving or if it's a change in Booker's style.

See, I think that Black Mirror has always been a bit hit or miss. Even the first 2 seasons had at least 1 "dud" each - the Waldo episode for example is still probably the weakest of the series.

The past 2 seasons on Netflix have been the same in my opinion - 2 or 3 good episodes and the rest just "meh".

That being said the Netflix series seems to be a bit...lighter? Still not positive by any means but I think they've lost a bit of the existential dread the others had. The first 2 seasons always left you with an empty pit in your stomach whereas a good portion of the new ones have a relatively happy ending. I'm not sure if that's the direction Netflix is giving or if it's a change in Booker's style.

Couldn’t agree more that Waldo one was gash, and it’s not as gripping and intense anymore and sometimes predictable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.