TV shows with football episodes

There was an episode in series one of Life on Mars and the storyline was based around City and United hooligans (well more United than City) as a Rag is found murdered in an alley on Trafford Park.

It's also the first time it's revealed that Gene Hunt is a City fan. Quite a lot of City/Rags references over the whole Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes adventures actually.

there was a drama with Sean Bean in it on the run from some gangsters, he was being chased through the main stand at maine Rd

Alf Garnett was always going on about West Ham, but did he ever leave the confines of his front room and go to a match? Too many years ago for me to remember!

another generation said:
Alf Garnett was always going on about West Ham, but did he ever leave the confines of his front room and go to a match? Too many years ago for me to remember!

As I recall, Alf went to the world cup final in 1966 in the film version - Ended up celebrating with a big West Indian geezer standing next to him.

(If I've got this wrong, I must be having some wierd f*ckin dreams!)

Does anyone remember the episode of The Detectives (Jasper Carrot and Robert Powell) where they were trying to work out the names of all the types of names English teams have after their city / town name, like City / united / Town / Albion etc.
They kept recalling the ones they couldn't get while solving a case..... like one cop would say ''the body was found in the Forest'' and the pair would look at each other and say ''Nottingham Forest'' as the other cops would look at them funny.... tried looking for it on youtube but no success :(<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:30 pm --<br /><br />
citykev28 said:
cracker, with robert carlyle as a deranged scouser.

actually, robert carlyle as a scouser.

My neighbour was an extra in that, when filmed in the swamp. He was stood right behind Carlyle when he starts chanting Liverpool and you could see him mouth ''Scouse bastard''

Does the Ripping Yarns "Golden Gordon" episode count? Classic stuff.

Eight, bloody, one!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7qzjUMDmA&feature=related[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.