Two minors suspended by club for offensive chanting at Brighton game | 17 year old charged by GMP (p29)

To any blue there on Sunday (I will be), just remember that every camera in the ground will be focussed on us just waiting for even one person who coughs, sneezes or farts during the minutes silence so they can fill their news outlets with it for the following days, weeks, months and years.
We need to be impeccable once again.

RIP Bobby Charlton

I’m sure we’ll all honour the minutes silence
I’m sure 99% will.

If the mood on the concourse is that some fans are too pissed up to respect a minutes silence, why not start applauding Sir Bobby? Enough United fans will join in to turn it into a minutes applause. Which is the modern way of respecting the passing of players who have “had a good innings”. And drowns out any isolated bad behaviour.

Some commentators might not like it but headlines of “City fans disrespect Sir Bobby by clapping him” doesn’t quite have the same same impact as “vile chanting by City fans ruins Sir Bobby’s tribute”

I’m sure 99% will.

If the mood on the concourse is that some fans are too pissed up to respect a minutes silence, why not start applauding Sir Bobby? Enough United fans will join in to turn it into a minutes applause. Which is the modern way of respecting the passing of players who have “had a good innings”. And drowns out any isolated bad behaviour.

Some commentators might not like it but headlines of “City fans disrespect Sir Bobby by clapping him” doesn’t quite have the same same impact as “vile chanting by City fans ruins Sir Bobby’s tribute”

I know what you mean, but everyone's going to have enough notice to know the silence will be happening. Just need everyone to shut up for a minute, even if they're pissed-up in the concourse. It shouldn't be too big an ask.

I notice united had a minutes silence before their press conference today.

Wondering when the next occasion they aren't planning to have a minute's silence is going to be...

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.