txt & grass

BlueMooney said:
psut1 said:
The system works like this if somebody keeps standing up or shouting or making a lot of noise you text the block, row and seat number and they eject the wowdy wuffian so they don't upset your enjoyment of watching football in the peace and quiet.

OR

Flip it on its head.

What if you heard somebody constantly making racist or homophobic comments, for example? Instead of getting confrontational with somebody you don't know, you can report their inappropriate behaviour.

There are two sides to every story and there are benefits to this scheme.
I see where you're coming from BlueMooney but I can't imagine it being manageable.

I could anonymously text 'homophobe' or 'racist' to a shortcode just my own amusment and shop an innocent person simply for the crack. That sort of anti-social behaviour needs tackling on the spot by club officials such as security and stewards.

mr t said:
BlueMooney said:
OR

Flip it on its head.

What if you heard somebody constantly making racist or homophobic comments, for example? Instead of getting confrontational with somebody you don't know, you can report their inappropriate behaviour.

There are two sides to every story and there are benefits to this scheme.
I see where you're coming from BlueMooney but I can't imagine it being manageable.

I could anonymously text 'homophobe' or 'racist' to a shortcode just my own amusment and shop an innocent person simply for the crack. That sort of anti-social behaviour needs tackling on the spot by club officials such as security and stewards.

I don't think there aren't flaws in the system. I don't necessarily think it's a good idea, but I can see why it would be introduced. Whether it'd work or not is a different matter.

I know nothing about the scheme but I'm pretty confident the stewards would want evidence for the offensive behaviour before forceably ejecting the party from the ground.
The text scheme is probably an alert for further investigation.

I find this quite amusing - you could have a right old laugh shopping folk left right and centre on matchdays.

Imagine - don't like the look of that bloke there - I'll text 'ALIEN' to 88110 and get him thrown out for being an away supporter in the home end.

The options are endless and all untraceable back to me cos my mobile number cannot be traced.

I can't see it working at all.

They have been using it since they moved to the emirates, obviousley they will use cctv and stewards to corroborate it but its just the whole concept that makes me laugh, maybe thats why their fans are such arses when they play away.

Only a football club from down south could come out with such a pathetic idea. Fucking unreal.

Blue Lloyd said:
Only a football club from down south could come out with such a pathetic idea. Fucking unreal.
Blue Lloyd shows that he does not hold racist or homophobic views - he just hates southerners.

I'll just text 'NORTHERN WANKER' to 88244 and get him ejected from the ground for his anti southern views.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.