U19's v Hadjuk Split 28th Feb 1pm BT Sport 1

both borges and mebude are entirely dependent on the team to play through balls, told you they are overrated. Ndala is levels above both of them in actually being a classical winger and using his intelligent play to make space for himself and moving with the ball

Saw the last 15 minutes and all I saw was plenty of diving and cheating. Even the balls boys refusal to throw the balls back was a piss take. Also the freekick given to us on the edge of the box was a penalty as Borges foot was on the line when dragged back. As for the sending off, words fail me. How can Burns have fallen for that...

Saw the last 15 minutes and all I saw was plenty of diving and cheating. Even the balls boys refusal to throw the balls back was a piss take. Also the freekick given to us on the edge of the box was a penalty as Borges foot was on the line when dragged back. As for the sending off, words fail me. How can Burns have fallen for that...

All things that would have helped but it shouldnt have mattered had we shown that bit more urgency and aggression.

Honestly,i cant understand the lack of basics and sheer naivety at times.

Its something that needs sorting,(maybe u18's aside) throughout the club.We lack urgency,we lack aggression,and we put far too much emphasis on possession without looking for our front man.

Today.much like the first team,we have bossed the game and looked technically so much better,yet we have been caught out by basic tactic and been our own worst enemy.

Infuriating.
Indeed it is. It’s obviously something that’s hammered into them from an early age and I get the principle. Sometimes though, a bit of chaos is required, particularly if you’re losing with less than 10 minutes left!

Its something that needs sorting,(maybe u18's aside) throughout the club.We lack urgency,we lack aggression,and we put far too much emphasis on possession without looking for our front man.

Today.much like the first team,we have bossed the game and looked technically so much better,yet we have been caught out by basic tactic and been our own worst enemy.

Infuriating.
The principle is perfect - control the ball and you control the game - but there needs to be another option or teams just work it out. We remain, at times, too simple to score against.

Indeed it is. It’s obviously something that’s hammered into them from an early age and I get the principle. Sometimes though, a bit of chaos is required, particularly if you’re losing with less than 10 minutes left!

Infuriating.
U18 no different in terms of style but they are just so far ahead of most U18 teams they are rarely challenged. I watched them lose 1-0 to Everton early in the season and it was similar, 10 men behind the ball and got us on the break, and right up until the final whistle the same patient passing game and eventual defeat. Be interesting to see if Everton do the same again this weekend.

It is a style that runs right through the club which for the most part is beautiful to watch but on rare occasions frustrating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.