U19's Versus Roma

Tough game that and great credit to the boys for winning after going a goal down.. I wouldn't have said we played that great although the effort was really good. I would give MotM to Gunn for his 3 or 4 vital saves and quite how he stopped those in the flurry in the 2nd half I don't know.

After going one down I was worried we might not find a way through. Barker had seemed to have the better of his full back but went off injured and Pozo,whilst looking a threat wasn't getting into the box where it matters often enough. He even dropped deeper at times in the 2nd half but that's where both goals came from. Each time he got the ball and went at Roma,beating players and committing more towards him which meant space was created. First for Ntcham to drill a low shot in and for the 2nd it was Ntcham finding Ambrose for a superb finish.

Defensively we were ok but messed up a few times and their goal came from a mess up in the center of the pitch where 2 City players were left for dead by a quick turn from their guy. Byrne did seem to be off as someone said.Just seems to have lost his positivity and gave the ball away a lot.

I can see tonight's game being as tough.

Cheers Nelly,hope youre well.

I only saw the second half so cannot comment on the games entirety,however,i was impressed mostly by the attitude of the lads,they never believed they were beaten and showed great strength both in mind and in body.Those qualities coupled with individual skill from the stand out players ensured a deserved result.

It would be interesting to see the average age of both teams as they looked slightly more mature from a physical perspective,which makes the win even more impressive.

FantasyIreland said:

I only saw the second half so cannot comment on the games entirety,however,i was impressed mostly by the attitude of the lads,they never believed they were beaten and showed great strength both in mind and in body.Those qualities coupled with individual skill from the stand out players ensured a deserved result.

It would be interesting to see the average age of both teams as they looked slightly more mature from a physical perspective,which makes the win even more impressive.

Excellent thx.I think they looked a little older and stronger too and our effort and attitude were spot on as you say. I guess Bryan epitomised that when he got injured late on but kept coming back on for more as we had no subs left. 2 cracking wins to start the group with.

Excellent result. Had to go out at 0-1 so really pleased that we came back into it and got the win.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
FantasyIreland said:

Excellent thx.I think they looked a little older and stronger too and our effort and attitude were spot on as you say. I guess Bryan epitomised that when he got injured late on but kept coming back on for more as we had no subs left. 2 cracking wins to start the group with.
Their ages were actually pretty much equal, Roma had 1x16yo(the late sub who's 17 in a couple of weeks), 5x17yo & 8x18yo. City fielded 7x17yo & 7x18yo.
http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/season=2015/clubs/club=2605445/squad/index.html
http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/season=2015/clubs/club=2606419/index.html

Pozo is definetly going to be great somewhere, hopefully it is with us. The lad reminds me of something between Silva and Hazard, not quite as skillful as Hazard, but has his directness, silky like silva(obviously not on the same level, but you can see the comparison), but has what silva lacks, directness.

ColinLee said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
FantasyIreland said:

Their ages were actually pretty much equal, Roma had 1x16yo(the late sub who's 17 in a couple of weeks), 5x17yo & 8x18yo. City fielded 7x17yo & 7x18yo.
http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/season=2015/clubs/club=2605445/squad/index.html

Ta for that,i thought one or two were still 16.

FantasyIreland said:
ColinLee said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

Ta for that,i thought one or two were still 16.

I thought Tosin was, but he had a birthday last week.

I thought Angelino put in another decent performance.

It's hard to judge defensive players at this level as I think experience is a huge factor in regards to te quality of a defensive player but attacking wise he looks a proper top notch attacking fullback in the making.

I like his stocky and robust physique which gives me an early indication that maybe when he grows into a man he will be physically good enough to be a Premier League fullback.

I really hope he makes it at City.

Pozo was different class, reminds me of Juan Mata in that he can find a pass and looks to score when in or around the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.