U19s vs Monchengladbach

He's an excellent player and I hope the club don't share this common trait that many look at over "filling out". He will of course need to develop physically, and this will happen over time, but that's not something we should use to hold him back. If he gets nudged off the ball a couple of times, he'll soon learn what he needs to work on in order for that to stop happening. And there are ways for him to strengthen without causing long term physical implications. You wouldn't, by looking at them, imagine Silva, Sterling or Wilshere being able to cope physically but all have their ways of coping - and indeed the video of Sterling sending Kompany flying when he was in a Liverpool shirt is testament to being strong v looking strong.

Just to echo Neville Kneville's words, it's fantastic that we're trusting in youth and not using overage players as we could. The fact there are a lot of local/English lads is a huge bonus and positive for the club.

I'm a big fan of this competition as it's a chance to develop some knowledge of different cultures of football and is a great experience for the younger lads, who fly out with the first team. Like many, I'm as excited about the future and hope a lot of these young players get into our first team squad. We're unlikely to see a fully English/Mancunian side but we may well see a "Barca-esque" squad with a core of local lads and then some top talents from England and the rest of the world. It could be a side that wins top honours as well. Many of the players from today can play for the next 3 years at this level which hits home just how well they're performing.

Yeah, I wasn't saying he needs to get in the gym, but he needs to naturally fill out his frame. He's a tall player who's stick thin, understandably so considering his age, and will need that extra build to be able to protect the ball.

He will 100% have that physicality as it will just happen, rather than forcing it to happen.

He's an excellent player and I hope the club don't share this common trait that many look at over "filling out". He will of course need to develop physically, and this will happen over time, but that's not something we should use to hold him back. If he gets nudged off the ball a couple of times, he'll soon learn what he needs to work on in order for that to stop happening. And there are ways for him to strengthen without causing long term physical implications. You wouldn't, by looking at them, imagine Silva, Sterling or Wilshere being able to cope physically but all have their ways of coping - and indeed the video of Sterling sending Kompany flying when he was in a Liverpool shirt is testament to being strong v looking strong.

Just to echo Neville Kneville's words, it's fantastic that we're trusting in youth and not using overage players as we could. The fact there are a lot of local/English lads is a huge bonus and positive for the club.

I'm a big fan of this competition as it's a chance to develop some knowledge of different cultures of football and is a great experience for the younger lads, who fly out with the first team. Like many, I'm as excited about the future and hope a lot of these young players get into our first team squad. We're unlikely to see a fully English/Mancunian side but we may well see a "Barca-esque" squad with a core of local lads and then some top talents from England and the rest of the world. It could be a side that wins top honours as well. Many of the players from today can play for the next 3 years at this level which hits home just how well they're performing.

Well said that man. I can't help but have a feeling of impatience knowing the quality of the young players we have in our midst and just wanting to see them properly break through into the first team.It's a real pleasure to actually see these lads playing in the youth games from 18's through to 21 and still we hear that there is even better talent younger than that and with some of the results the under 16's are producing I can well believe it.

This season we may only see the start of players moving into the first team squad with occasional cameos but from next year on I hope we will start to see some young talent moving up and tarting to get some real first team experience.

patching has been very impressive recently, can see him being the next one with big potential. I like the balance we have - a very good group of local/english players, patching, gunn, barker, roberts and then surrounded with some very talented foreign kids - Maffeo, garcia..., hopefully they learn from each other. The most important thing is that they get a chance though in the first team.

Has Nemane ever got an international call up?

I think he was born in France but raised in England but either way if I was England I would be calling him up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.