Gunn - 19
Charlie Oliver - 17
Humphreys - 17
Adarabioyo - 18
Duhaney - 16

Manu Garcia - 17
Will Patching - 16
Aleix Garcia - 18

Aaron Nemane - 18 (his birthday was only the other day too)
Patrick Roberts - 18
Lukas Nmecha - 16

Very talented bunch given their ages. Average age of 17 and a quarter. Young, very.

Last edited:
You can't question their character, that's for sure. That u19s team can only get considerably stronger too. Maffeo, Bryan, Barker, Brahim when he gets his clearance, Boadu. It's gonna take some stopping when it all clicks.

It's a very young side.

Gunn - 19
Charlie Oliver - 17
Humphreys - 17
Adarabioyo - 18
Duhaney - 16

Manu Garcia - 17
Will Patching - 16
Aleix Garcia - 18

Aaron Nemane - 18 (his birthday was only the other day too)
Patrick Roberts - 18
Lukas Nmecha - 16

Very talented bunch given their ages. Average age of 17 and a quarter. Young, very.
It's also English, apart from the two Garcias, & a fair bit Mancunian, with two overage Mancs unavailable #ruiningfootball

Patching will be the next one to come through who'll look even better alongside top players. He's already outshining Garcia at the minute with telling contributions in almost every game he's played this season, with elegance and class, two of Garcia's main traits, in abundance.

He's got everything a top midfielder needs and once he's filled out, bearing mind he's just 16, I think he could be a first team squad player (ala Roberts, Barker) in the next two/three years.

Patching will be the next one to come through who'll look even better alongside top players. He's already outshining Garcia at the minute with telling contributions in almost every game he's played this season, with elegance and class, two of Garcia's main traits, in abundance.

He's got everything a top midfielder needs and once he's filled out, bearing mind he's just 16, I think he could be a first team squad player (ala Roberts, Barker) in the next two/three years.

He's an excellent player and I hope the club don't share this common trait that many look at over "filling out". He will of course need to develop physically, and this will happen over time, but that's not something we should use to hold him back. If he gets nudged off the ball a couple of times, he'll soon learn what he needs to work on in order for that to stop happening. And there are ways for him to strengthen without causing long term physical implications. You wouldn't, by looking at them, imagine Silva, Sterling or Wilshere being able to cope physically but all have their ways of coping - and indeed the video of Sterling sending Kompany flying when he was in a Liverpool shirt is testament to being strong v looking strong.

Just to echo Neville Kneville's words, it's fantastic that we're trusting in youth and not using overage players as we could. The fact there are a lot of local/English lads is a huge bonus and positive for the club.

I'm a big fan of this competition as it's a chance to develop some knowledge of different cultures of football and is a great experience for the younger lads, who fly out with the first team. Like many, I'm as excited about the future and hope a lot of these young players get into our first team squad. We're unlikely to see a fully English/Mancunian side but we may well see a "Barca-esque" squad with a core of local lads and then some top talents from England and the rest of the world. It could be a side that wins top honours as well. Many of the players from today can play for the next 3 years at this level which hits home just how well they're performing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.