Uefa Cup q/f will be 1st home game missed for 7 years.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
manclad said:
I'm absolutely gutted that the home leg of the Hamburg tie on April 16th will be the 1st home game that I,ve not attended since Swindon in the FA Cup in Jan.2002.(including all cup games & friendlies).
I never gave any thought to any mid week matches in mid April when I booked for a mid week break in Whitby back in January (the wife said she'd like to go away on our 28th wedding anniversary on 18th April).
So after carefully inspecting the fixture list I booked for 3 nights 15/16/17th,with a mid morning departure on the 18th to get back in time for the match vs. West Brom at 3.00p.m.
Now I'll have to hopefully find a pub showing the game in Whitby & have a few beers with the locals.
(We had a weekend in Whitby last Spring bank holiday & after a long & thirsty walk along the coastal path walked into a pub for a jar only to find it rammed with Leeds scumbags watching the play offs.I had my City shirt on so thought that discretion was a better form of valour & did a u-turn straight out of the door).
As they say - the best laid plans of mice & men.

I was in Whitby last year and there are a number of pubs which have a big screen and show the games so you shouldn't have any trouble at least watching the match. I sat with a Chelsea fan watching Chelsea V Rags, and then he sat with me whilst watching sky sports news City v Fulham and throwing a two goal lead away. It's a decent pub across from the train station. I think it's called "The George Hotel".

Thanks for all your condolences etc. & I agree with you all that getting to 28 years -"not out" is an achievement these days.
The pub that the Lids fans were in was opposite the railway station,so it might have been the George Hotel.
There were also some pubs showing live footy nearer to the B&B we stayed in which was up near the cliff top ,not far from the whale bone monument.
I,m sure I'll find somewhere to watch the game on the evening of the 16th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.