UEFA Europa Conference League

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.
First I've heard about this Bollocks

We used to have the European Cup, European Cup Winners Cup, and the UEFA Cup, so now we'll have the Champions League, the Europa League, and the Europa Conference League.

Nobody really cares much for the Europa League, so what is the point of this, other than the winners get into the following seasons Europa League ?

Its all designed to give the smaller clubs a shot at earning some money

Europa league is class. I actually in some ways preferred it to the champions league especially the group stages where it’s the same sides each season. Plus it’s interesting to watch obscure sides like Ostersunds get the later stages or even Boro and Fulham reaching the final. Gives fans some good trips at the very least.

Such a gulf of wealth in European football there is probably room for another competition. I wouldn’t like it at the cost of the league cup though.

Awful name though.

Europa league is class. I actually in some ways preferred it to the champions league especially the group stages where it’s the same sides each season. Plus it’s interesting to watch obscure sides like Ostersunds get the later stages or even Boro and Fulham reaching the final. Gives fans some good trips at the very least.

Such a gulf of wealth in European football there is probably room for another competition. I wouldn’t like it at the cost of the league cup though.

Awful name though.

Agree. I loved our time in it playing relatively unknown teams and sleeping giants. Some great games. Can't really recall many group games in CL that have floated my boat.

First I've heard about this Bollocks

We used to have the European Cup, European Cup Winners Cup, and the UEFA Cup, so now we'll have the Champions League, the Europa League, and the Europa Conference League.

Nobody really cares much for the Europa League, so what is the point of this, other than the winners get into the following seasons Europa League ?
Abba had a song that explained much of the thrust of Uefa operations, ideas, strategies - MONEY, MONEY, MONEY! More competitions, more money!

I have to say I preferred the competitions as they used to be, straight knock outs and no dull as ditchwater group games.

The European Cup was for national champions, the Cup Winner's Cup slightly less prestigious but still a glamorous comp. Then the UEFA Cup for all the domestic leagues' nearly men full of tenacious battlers.

Perhaps this new comp will have a greater variety of teams in it . Someone might get lucky and have a bite at the lucrative European cherry. But if I'm bored whitless by Champions League games I ain't gonna feel the love for third tier group games.

I have to say I preferred the competitions as they used to be, straight knock outs and no dull as ditchwater group games.

The European Cup was for national champions, the Cup Winner's Cup slightly less prestigious but still a glamorous comp. Then the UEFA Cup for all the domestic leagues' nearly men full of tenacious battlers.

Perhaps this new comp will have a greater variety of teams in it . Someone might get lucky and have a bite at the lucrative European cherry. But if I'm bored whitless by Champions League games I ain't gonna feel the love for third tier group games.
Liverpool would've been competing in the European Cup for the first time since Heysel this season if European football had stayed in the old format.

I think it's great for the club's that don't make Europe often, only issue is those clubs don't take it serious (well in England anyway). Might help teams around Europe close the gap on teams dominating their league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.