UEFA FFP investigation - CAS confirm that City have appealed

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. nmc

nmc

And infamous in a Leeds United song? If it was, I sat next to her in the Directors box at West Ham - when her hubby was playing for Spam against us. She was lovely. He scored, we lost and she took the piss.

wahablue likes this.
  2. bobmcfc

bobmcfc

Be honest, is this affecting our ability to sign players we want ? I know it’s early but I’m wondering if our top targets are shying away in the prospect of not only a CL ban but a transfer ban ?

I’m not trying to be dramatic but I can’t help but wonder

3. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

The main reason usa dont want huewei equipment is that it does not have trapdoors unlike the american stuff that lets usa spy as much as they want.

BosnianBlue, Fred_Quimby and Dribble like this.
  4. Dribble

Dribble

The British spymasters say the only thing wrong with Huawei's equipment is the archaic architecture of it, which needs to be updated to modern standards.

Huawei have taken this on board & are making those changes, which is why the UK is caught between commissioning the best 5G system out there, or obeying our global boss, big ole Uncle Sam, so we sustain our 'special relationship' (which always seems very one sided to me).

5. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

We all know why Uncle Sam is kicking up. They want the contract.

6. Rochdale Blue

Rochdale Blue

By 'turn of the last century,' do you mean 1900 or 2000. I'd be interested to know how much Stanley Matthews got from promoting Craven A cigarettes.

7. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Even their mobiles are not allowed in usa yet they still threaten Apples worldwide dominance.
    Yes I think City in football and Huewei in telecomunications make a very good partnership. Mr Trump has to do something to stop his Sponsors from losing market share.

BosnianBlue and Dribble like this.
  8. Plays By Sense Of Smell

Plays By Sense Of Smell

Yes, very hypothetical.
    “Would you yourself be punished if found guilty of raping someone?” The answer is of course, “Yes.”

9. bellbuzzer

bellbuzzer

Bit like the relationship a pig has with a butcher. For my money the US is run by and for the corporations that own the government by "donation". Protecting a cartel by any means (literally ANY) is second nature. The CIA used technology honed during the Cold war to spy on European firms. Intellectual capital as it became known as, found it's way into US corporations, before the extent of "interception" was too blatant to ignore.
    The "special relationship" is a slogan, not an entity, used by politicians when it suits, nothing more. The very notion that we become reliant on it is too hideous to imagine...

Dribble likes this.
  10. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Currently there is chaos with many exporting companies in usa in the name of preventing terrorism.
    Anything that could potentially be exported is subject to full traceability with a massive list of individual companies, agents and countries barred from receiving exports.
    Personal fines of 250k dollars for any lack of performing full paperwork checks is making some exports simply not worth it so expect backlash from usa based companies.

Dribble likes this.