UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin in your opinion if we win the case at cas do you think that will be the end of it or will we go for the jugular afterwards?

Difficult question to answer but interested in your opinion on this.
Without doubt, get through CAS, which is really a 'was due process followed?' procedure, we'll go for the throat -i.e. the legality of FFP.

That's not a defence though. We are in deep shit if that is the way we are appealing.

This has to be fought on what we have not done, not what others have.

Hypocrisy is everywhere in society, it is overlooked when it serves a purpose.
As I said mate, PART of our strategy, it shows UEFA setting a precedent and gives CAS a clear example and base to assess our the merits of our case, we’re building a picture.

I think that’s correct. CAS is about the process and procedure - is it fair and reasonable ( and does it align with uefa process and procedure?) and ultimately - is the sanction a reasonable response to the findings of the investigation. So we do have a few bites of the cherry in terms of procedure and we must be very guilty of serious wrongdoing to have a sanction as severe as the one awarded upheld.
I've been thinking about this scenario. What if UEFA have used (as we suspect and hope) a pile of rubbish, nonsense and untruths as the basis for this sanction. Also let's suppose that hypothetically, they have followed the correct procedure and process throughout, although they haven't from what we know. Surely it cannot be the case that because the process was followed but their evidence is incorrect that the sanction, or a slightly lesser one, is allowed to stand. At some point there must be a function where the validity of their evidence is looked at and interrogated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.