UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a huge amount of wishful thinking in this thread I’d say.

In an ideal world we would win the CAS appeal on all points and the sanctions would be cancelled. We would then go to a court of law (Swiss court?) and again we would need to win comprehensively. Then any appeal by UEFA would have to be rejected and then we would pursue them for exemplary damages. This would result in FFP being dropped and possibly the end of UEFA in its current form.

How likely is any of that? Only the first part (CAS appeal) has much chance of success I reckon. The rest is wishful thinking unfortunately.
The same things were probably said of Jean-Marc Bosman.

For me thats partly worrying about what people are saying about CAS and that they will only rule on UEFA not following procedure, not clearing us of any wrong doing. You just know all that does is reduce or get rid of the ban / fine, the stain on our club would remain.

Someone posted in the thread an extract from CAS. It said they look at process and law.

Errr...not sure you're on your own with that one, mate.

I'm sure most of us are concerned.

We don't have enough information to know the truth of what has happened and we do know that the bastards are out to get us.

What I'm absolutely certain of is how wrong FFP is and that it needs challenging in court. In that case though there is not certainty that justice will prevail but hopefully it would. At lease we can give ourselves a good chance of getting justice by employing the very best lawyers.

Come on lads your going hyperbole to win an argument. By all accounts we were offered to be found guilty of a technical breach. This doesnt equate to murder or sexual assault its a slap on the wrists.

I think we all agree whats happened in the last few days has been disastrous and will have long reaching affects. My point is there could and seemingly was a way out of this.
You don't know this. Just a guess. Will have taken legal advice.

Good luck getting a fine for sexually assaulting a minor!

scargill-1086268.jpg

I'm not convinced the legal process is a lottery. If we have a strong fact based case, we should win if we are being judged by competent impartial officials. The problem is that UEFA are patently not impartial and I don't view any of football's governing bodies as especially competent.

It's not a lottery but it can be hard to predict. Have UEFA accurately reviewed and assessed the evidence before them to arrive at their verdict. We say no. They say yes. Then the third judge makes the call ultimately. He might deem the evidence we gave as being quite clear but ultimately think UEFA still were within their rights to be sceptical and made a fair and lawful decision.

I think, based on PB's posts, it is hard to see how they could have done so when this has all been dragged through a court before in relation to Etihad and it's quite clear where the funding came from. One email with HH can't be their sole reason for this punishment if City have provided justification and clarification of what that refers to and, previously, our full financial reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.