UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what you're saying is we have done the very worst thing in the history of UEFA and deserve the biggest punishment and a fine, but if we give them a bit of money it'll go away and it'll be forgotten? Isn't that attempted extortion?

extortion
/ɪkˈstɔːʃ(ə)n,ɛkˈstɔːʃ(ə)n/

noun
  1. the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

I have just said the same thing and think I mentioned it a long time ago, not only are these fuckers corrupt and a protectionist organisation of the elite members - but the fuckers have the cheek to try and broker deals for reduced fines so it doesn't go any further - exortion racket at its best

Imagine how many clubs they have done this too which haven't gone public

Isn't this the problem? That we were not cooperative, that should be pretty easy to prove?

City said way back - when it came out that the IC had referred it upstairs to the AC I think - that they'd submitted a huge dossier of evidence to UEFA. That was something like 8 or 9 months before Friday's verdict was announced so how that equates to not being cooperative is beyond me.

That's my understanding. If you read the emails one way (as Der Spiegel undoubtedly intended) you'd get the impression of money being shovelled around to disguise the fact that ADUG were directly paying the majority of the Etihad deal.

But when you understand that the ADEC was finding that deal, that 'HH' is not Sheikh Mansour and that City were asking for ADUG money to be kept separate from Etihad remittances then you could read thst in a very different light, namely that ADEC were sending money direct to ADUG but that City demanded ADUG split that up and send the appropriate funds via the sponsoring parties.

So on one hand there's an impression that City are breaking the rules while on the other that City are desperate to be seen not to be breaking the rules. And that's from the same emails but with a bit of context about who funded the Etihad deal.

Does anyone know what the legal ramifications would be if der Spiegel trimmed those emails, published them out of context with their narrative, and that was proven to be false?

They've written their article asserting the ADUG paid the money, that HH is Mansour and various other things. What if that was not only wrong, as the Fair Aviation document seems to say, but that der Spiegel knew it was wrong from details in other emails they didn't publish?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we seem to have a lot of emails written in the present and future tense. A lot of talk about what people should or will do, but none of the leaks are actually email confirmations about what has been done.

My reply to David' Conn's recent piece attacking our reasoning for suggesting FFP was designed to stop City and similar clubs:

Here's each Tweet combined in order of how I responded:

David, maybe we need to start with the question was FFP was the best means to set financial limitations to ensure fairness whilst maintaining financial stability of clubs when there were other successful models in use? Why no wage cap based on the league/revenues?

FFP is a poorly designed system due to its complexity + relying on self-reporting which is widely known, whether in accounting or research, to garner dishonest answers. This is then worsened by the variable of hyper-competition of sport. I’d wager other clubs have also lied.

Why was FFP selected if UEFA, who 1st implemented it and I gather was replicated by the PL and other leagues, wanted a truly stable system to ensure financal stability and competitive fairness?

FFP is a system designed to be punitive, yet encourages lying that leads to punishment. That doesn’t make it OK to lie, but like other systems of justice that create problems that they supposedly want to discourage (i.e school suspensions) the system may be the larger problem.

I’m not saying “conspiracy” but it certainly is interesting that FFP was the choice when surely UEFA must have known it allowed to punish clubs with undefined and subjective consequences for failing FFP via investigations instead of a more clear cut consequences.

The NBA has a soft wage cap. If a club goes over they are penalized and there is no chance to hide this as all player wages are public. Then that money goes towards revenue sharing. It also hurts flexibility so better to stay under it. This is a much more stable and fairer system

Last edited:
Perhaps more pertinent?

Uefa go to great lengths to dismiss any Executive influences on its control body and the AC.

Cerefin acting as a supposed broker (As did previously, Infantino) shows the two chambers are certainly open to coercion from the very people who are lobbied by our rivals.

City can show CAS that the entire review process is flawed and subject to manipulation.

Previously, City allowed that manipulation process to 'take our pinch' believing that was the end such matters.

However, we now have nothing to lose and must surely bring up Cerefin's attempt to broker a compromise, if he did indeed make that approach?
That is what I intended to say but you say it clearly. PB says Barada personally told him, or a group he was with, that Ceferin had made such an offer. This does not surprise me because some months ago there were several reports of compromise, and hawks like Tebas were grumbling.

Some excellent work by PB in the last couple of days.

• He's shown that Etihad's sponsorship deal was underwritten by the EC of UAE and therefore payment by Sheikh Mansour, alleged via the presentation of Football Leaks, was a false conclusion.
  • He's shown that the UEFA investigative process is arbitrary and subject to manipulation by their own officers.

This does not in itself shape the CAS decision but it makes me feel more positive in its outcome. That said it's high risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.