UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight. Some on here think it would have been a good idea to get one of the parasites from the media to sit that interview?

Sometimes I worry for the sanity of certain individuals.

Interview was essentially echoing the statement. It’s nice to put a face to the words so fair fucks to the club on this one.

Could be. I think that even if CAS rule we are not guilty in substance, the media and many others will still make out we are guilty of financial doping and the like and seek to denigrate our achievements, and UEFA know that.

I think winning at CAS on what lay people see as a technicality doesn’t remove the tainted or cheat tag from rival fans. If we win that way then the cloud over our achievements, at least in the media, will remain. Still I’d take that now and be done with this nonsense.

In this entire saga it actually makes me very sad to see how so many people are entirely prepared to ignore a fundamental principle of our justice system, namely 'in dubio pro reo'. No matter which football club you support it should be obvious that there is much doubt related to all of the issues and questions treated by the prosecution (UEFA) here. And if there is doubt the expected and normal consequence in our 'western' justice system is or should be 'no sentence'. Simple really. But here we have the exact opposite, a draconian sentence. Everyone with an interest in how the society works really should have problems with this. However, the way our media works, and the way social media are used as echo chambers for certain messages has led to the situation where so many (most?) people want blood anyway. Why is it so difficult to see that this is a business war between big corporations, using dirty tricks and playing outside of the normal principles of law and justice? I would be against this happening to any other club, even the damned Rags. It is just wrong. Propaganda works unfortunately!

I stumbled on it earlier. I won't link it either for the same reason but in summary he backs UEFA, says we're owned by a nation state, that we (club AND fans) have a victim mentality and are a fabricated club with no history.

I kind of wished I bought newspapers so I could stop but haven't for many years.

I stopped buying any paper (especially the Sun or Mirror) after they pictures they used and sanctioned of our player Marc-Vivien Foe

Only on Bluemoon could we go from discussing one of the most important issues in our history, to who should be asking the questions in a morale boosting interview with one of City's main men. Funny but ridiculous at the same time. It was bang on.
As said before, it shows why we should be hearing more from our CEO on everything MCFC.

A class act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.