UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

  • Two-year ban upheld

    Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

    Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

    Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

    Votes: 65 4.3%

  • Total voters
    1,499
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I'm finding this whole thing a bit odd.

City are absolutely adamant that they've not done anything wrong, to the point where it's not even confidence as opposed to outright bullish certainty.

UEFA must know that City are going to take this to a court where there's legitimate independence eventually, and they're opening themselves up to damages, to publicly being slapped down and to further undermining of FFP if they carry on without a good case.


So what's going on? Either UEFA are doing something they know will get humiliatingly knocked down in a proper court, or the club's confidence is completely misplaced.

Pressure from the g14 clubs to punish City will be a big factor. I may well be talking shit, but maybe UEFA are tired of the constant pressure to fuck City and PSG over they now don’t care if City take them to court, as long as it looks like UEFA have tried to punish us.
 
Also think Talkshire has had is collar felt by City's legal department, they couldn't wait to get that knob head reporter on yesterday to go off with out

Also Talkshite have not mentioned it yesterday after their gobshite jurno slandered himself big style yesterday, obviously City's legal department may have been in touch with this self promoting back water radio station!
correction not mentioned it today!
 
We were pretty confident last time and they moved the goal posts. It seems they are purely using hacked material and are still pressing ahead despite us showing them all our legitimate documents and evidence

We are being stitched up

I disagree with that. We were always going to struggle to comply 5 or 6 years ago as the rules were new and the club hadn't grown to what it has now. The moving of the goal posts was a shitty trick but I reckon we used that as leverage in exchange for a lesser punishment - one that satisfied both parties.

This time though the club is far more self-sustaining than it was back then and IMO these accusations are bullshit interpretations or matters already dealt with by UEFA regardless of what the likes of Der Spackel claim. We've seen how that shit stain of a rag twists other stories such as the one about Sergio Ramos failing a drugs test after a CL final when it was nothing of the sort.

This statement is a million times stronger than Khaldoon's "take a pinch" statement and as such, they can try and stitch us up all they want but once this gets to a proper court they're going to look like the corrupt c*nts they've always been, along with their cartel club mates.
 
What does it say, I'm blocked so can't see it.
He offered some lad out, and I think threatened him that some local hard man would be dealing with him
To which someone said Mrs Aldridge better watch out as John's had a drink
Petty stuff.... I think it's all been deleted now
 
Khaldoon very clearly told the football world that a one off pinch had been agreed and that we wouldn’t be doing it again.

Everything I’m reading from the club suggests that we are sticking by that and this will end up in the courts as it’s clear this is not about rules, it’s about trying to stop us and ultimately destroy us commercially.
 
I disagree with that. We were always going to struggle to comply 5 or 6 years ago as the rules were new and the club hadn't grown to what it has now. The moving of the goal posts was a shitty trick but I reckon we used that as leverage in exchange for a lesser punishment - one that satisfied both parties.

This time though the club is far more self-sustaining than it was back then and IMO most of these accusations are bullshit interpretations regardless of what the likes of Der Spackel claim. We've seen how that shit stain of a rag twists other stories such as the one about Sergio Ramos failing a drugs test after a CL final when it was nothing of the sort.

This statement is a million times stronger than Khaldoon's "take a pinch" statement and as such, they can try and stitch us up all they want but once this gets to a proper court they're going to look like the corrupt c*nts they've always been, along with their cartel club mates.
I’m hoping we more than back up our statements. I don’t want a deal from them I want us to categorically prove they have no leg to stand on and it’s a witch-hunt

I want us to be free of it all
 
I think the club have finally realised it themselves which is why they are going to go all out. Hopefully we win and a full apology is procured, but I won't hold my breath. What I would really like is us to open a huge can of worms, that proves there was a concerted agenda, to halt our progress and discredit our reputation and names to come out and heads roll.

I suspect the process is private and confidential (in theory).

We already know that LFC have been petitioning the Premier League and encouraging other clubs to demand that the Premier League takes action against City. We know something of how FFP was formulated and which clubs and organisations were involved. We know who sits on the committees and the connections these people have with other clubs, but we have a media whose political priority and inclination are opposed to Arab oligarchs. They are blinded of course to history, division of the world, and their own state. In short City will never receive a fair public discussion and by now you should have realised that. There is no point raising the topic. Every time we do, we'll just face a concerted wall of propaganda.

Even if UEFA know they do not have a leg to stand on, who is calling them to account? At the worst CAS throw their case out. But at least they tried their best to clean up the game. When you listen to the likes of Tebas speak about City, you realise that the practicalities and technicalities are completely irrelevant for now anyway. They may become relevant at the later judicial process but even then I wouldn't rely on it.
 
Abu Dhabi should just announce a plan to sponsor an independent European super league with double the prize money of the Champions League. There was a plan for an expanded club world cup sponsored by the Saudis that UEFA opposed because it will affect the Champions League. Sheikh Mansour should call the Saudis and come up with a new plan.
 
I’m hoping we more than back up our statements. I don’t want a deal from them I want us to categorically prove they have no leg to stand on and it’s a witch-hunt

I want us to be free of it all
We never will be. Our owner is an Arab Sheikh. This world is divided economically and ideologically and football is not a bubble
 
We will be asked shortly if any of us want to join the CUP schemes..........will anyone of sound mind REALLY join the CL cup scheme?

Well past time to RAM home our dissatifaction.....
 
I think the AC Milan precedent is worth looking at.

UEFA imposed a 2 year ban last summer after Milan were found guilty for breaches of FFP in 2015 and 2017. They appealed to CAS and were able to participate in European football. At the same time, CAS ordered UEFA to find an alternative punishment. In December, UEFA revised the original 2 year ban, and gave Milan until June 2021 to comply with their ‘rules’ or face a one year ban. Milan then appealed this decision to CAS.

Now UEFA have referred Milan to the ‘chamber’ over breaches in 2016 and 2018. A decision on these alleged breaches is yet to be announced. I would imagine if Milan are found guilty they will go back to CAS again.

As you can see, these matters can drag on and on. Unfortunately, this may well be the path facing City.
No 'unfortunately' about it if you ask me. There is not a chance City will miss a single CL game due to any ban. They simply won't accept it.
 
Can someone please explain to me what all this UEFA Financial Fair Play and us breaching it is about? And I mean from since this all started in like 2009.
 
We never will be. Our owner is an Arab Sheikh. This world is divided economically and ideologically and football is not a bubble

An Arab Sheikh who has some of the world's most powerful people on speed dial no less. If this gets seriously messy, do you really think the likes of John W.Henry, David Gill, and Rick Fucking Parry will win out?
 
We will be asked shortly if any of us want to join the CUP schemes..........will anyone of sound mind REALLY join the CL cup scheme?

Well past time to RAM home our dissatifaction.....
We are polar opposites pal.

I am going to buy 2 tickets just to make sure I am there.

We need to win that competition.
 
Abu Dhabi should just announce a plan to sponsor an independent European super league with double the prize money of the Champions League. There was a plan for an expanded club world cup sponsored by the Saudis that UEFA opposed because it will affect the Champions League. Sheikh Mansour should call the Saudis and come up with a new plan.
This assumes that City are really owned by the UAE. In reality we are owned by one Sheikh from Abu Dhabi and there are hundreds of Sheikhs and members of their ruling family. He may have co-opted important advisers of the UAE administration to oversee his running of City, but that does not mean that City are the UAE. It was a big mistake by some fans to think that that was the case and we really should have dispelled that thought at the outset.
 
City's strongly worded statement will at least prevent the Premier League from taking action for a year or so as they know the process will be ongoing.
The UEFA investigation is relating to the years 2011-13, there was no PL FFP at that stage anyway. It's completely irrelevant to and PL investigation.
 
No doubt in my mind that Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour are going to ensure the correct people are in place to battle this the whole way, I know where my confidence is.

I hope we wipe the floor with them.
 
We will be asked shortly if any of us want to join the CUP schemes..........will anyone of sound mind REALLY join the CL cup scheme?

Well past time to RAM home our dissatifaction.....

Yes, that will be really helpful. Refuse to back our team and club in their hour of need.

What we really need is to sell out our CL games and voice our displeasure at UEFA.

Rally round the flag!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

SIGN UP
Back
Top