UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're almost completely in the dark and anything we write is near total speculation. Some of the speculation is interesting and may turn out to be accurate: some of it (like assessing the importance of the influence of the breakfast of CAS reps on proceedings) most certainly isn't. So I'm going to add my two pennyworth to the speculation and hope its of a bit of value.

The publication of the stolen emails was a godsend for certain officials at UEFA because it gave them an excuse to reopen the question of City' s compliance with FFP in a period when we were felt to be most vulnerable. Many within UEFA and without felt Infantino had taken too soft a line and City had got away with it. I doubt that, when all is said and done, the emails will count for much but that may be some way down the line but they serve a purpose because they appear damning and appear to show City as "cheats". That impression is good enough for many whatever evidence City bring forward to the contrary; the majority believe they "know we're guilty" so the evidence is irrelevant. From the sound of it City have cooperated with AC and IC and furnished an impressive number of documents in support. The AC and IC have not necessarily ignored these documents in the sense of not even looking at them, but rather in the sense that they have accorded almost total importance to the "new" evidence, the stolen documents.

City are convinced that the reasons for this are "political", either in the sense that many at UEFA want to settle an old score with City, or that certain clubs are concerned that they cannot compete with City and are hoping to use FFP as they always have to destroy City's ability to compete with them ore, more sinisterly, because foreign powers are working to undermine City and thus Abu Dhabi. City's appeal will include details of sponsorship deals involving all the above interest groups presumably to show that City have done nothing which UEFA has found to be a violation of FFP when other clubs have done it. This brings together the twp prongs of City's defence, the claim that the evidence of wrongdoing is simply not there and the process which asserted that it was is hopelessly inconsistent.

It doesn't assist an understanding by peddling conspiracy theories. The chances that the AC received a submission from the club but didn't consider it is nil. If City chose not to submit its "observations" then that is a different matter.
But hey didn't respond back to the club on a point by point basis, thus breaking FFP investegatory processes. Therefore the chances of them NOT reading it ARE pretty high.

A nice definitive statement from a crown prince head of state that he gave the money to Etihad airways in order to secure world wide publicity of his business would be lovely.

A great big fuck you to UEFA followed by slapping the appeal/dismissal on CASs table.

Can hear the teeth gnashing already.

I've been wondering if this would ever happen. I hope it does. And it would be a nice twist if he gave UEFA a real going over for forcing disclosure of commercial.information which has absolutely fuck all to do with them.

I've been wondering if this would ever happen. I hope it does. And it would be a nice twist if he gave UEFA a real going over for forcing disclosure of commercial.information which has absolutely fuck all to do with them.
Wouldn’t that cause problems for Etihad in their case with other airlines about state funding ?

Wouldn’t that cause problems for Etihad in their case with other airlines about state funding ?

I doubt it as it’s historic before they came to the agreement. Given that Etihad the last couple of years have posted a huge loss, this is all only relevant to a few years ago.

Thanks for the info. Staggering that Mancini won City’s first title in 44 years and didn’t win it, and Pellers won it in his first season in the country, scoring masses of goals in the process, and didn’t win it
Chris Wilder of Sheffield United should win it this season - even if they don't qualify for the CL. He has done an astonishing job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.