UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A translation would be good......
I didn't hazard myself to make a translation because some "specialized terms" in law language could be mistranslated.

According to Google translation (not the more reliable, i know) :

The Belgian courts, seized by a player's agent and fans of PSG and Manchester City, declared itself incompetent to judge the compatibility of the financial fair play (FPF) with the European law, has one learned Friday from concordant sources.

In a judgment delivered Thursday, the Brussels Court of Appeal "decided that the Belgian courts were not competent", as at first instance, told AFP a spokesman for the court.

It also did not consider it necessary to question European justice on the legality of financial fair play.

"As the court did not examine the lawfulness of the FPF in the light of EU law in particular, its decision in no way leads to the conclusion of the validity of the regulation," responded in a statement the two plaintiffs' lawyers, Martin Hissel and Jean-Louis Dupont. The latter is at the origin of the "Bosman judgment" in 1995, which liberalized the transfer market.

According to these two lawyers, the court found that their clients were only "indirect" victims of financial fair play and thus declared themselves "territorially incompetent".

"It would be necessary to attack UEFA at its seat and to have the question examined by a Swiss judge, but we would no longer be in front of a community judge," Hissel told AFP, as he thinks "it is not a coincidence" if the European football federation has settled in Switzerland.

He emphasized studying the possibility of an appeal in cassation.

Established in 2011, then groomed several times, the financial fair play imposes on European football clubs that their expenses are entirely covered by their own revenues - with a certain flexibility however - under penalty of going from simple blame to 'excluding competitions.

Objective: to clean up finances to promote the long-term viability of the football economy.

The plaintiffs' lawyers argue that financial fair play goes against EU competition law in that it restricts investment, which is prohibited.

Indeed, with this rule, an owner - such as Qatar's sovereign fund with PSG or that of Abu Dhabi with Manchester City - can not inject his funds as he sees fit.

According to them, the rule has also had the effect of "fossilizing the structure of the market" in favor of already established clubs, those with the largest incomes, such as Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus of Turin or Bayern Munich, to the detriment "new entrants".

The European Commission, guardian of competition rules in the EU, granted in 2012 its support to the FPF by signing a joint declaration with Michel Platini, then president of UEFA.

According to a spokesperson contacted by AFP, European Commission considers "that financial fair play can be a useful tool in the context of good financial governance".

Liverpool-QATAR-BEG.jpg
Are those Liverpool fans ?

When and where did it happen ?

I guess it was some years after the FSG takeover and before their new successful cycle ?

Ah, so not quite how our resident PSG fan put it! What next though I wonder?
Well, it is not the first time those plaintiffs are being said they are not "direct" victims of FFP if i remember correctly.

I guess it will really get serious when a club or maybe a sponsor (who will get a lesser ROI if the club is banned for example) linked to a club sanctionned by FFP will go directly.

Are those Liverpool fans ?

When and where did it happen ?

I guess it was some years after the FSG takeover and before their new successful cycle ?
This was last week...

Nah this was apparently from 2007-08 and I photoshopped Q.S.I in place of D.I.C(Dubai International Capital)... I'm most proud of the "1 QID better than 2?" edit though.

They wanted to be owned by Dubai and sponsored by Emirates Airlines no doubt, yet they preach to high heaven about City's ownership.

When is that starting?
I guess being able to mount a title challenge and being relevant in Champions League is a success for them.

I have already said it here but, while i had no sentiment about this club previously, i really think they have the worse fanbase in PL and one of the most annoying worldwide.
They really remind me the fanbase of Marseille. Loud mouths, always talking about past titles (because they can't win title anymore), talking about themselves as the best fans and real purists (the famous Anfield atmosphere lol) and always whining whenever they lose.

This was last week...

Nah this was apparently from 2007-08 and I photoshopped Q.S.I in place of D.I.C(Dubai International Capital)... I'm most proud of the "1 QID better than 2?" edit though.

They wanted to be owned by Dubai and sponsored by Emirates Airlines no doubt, yet they preach to high heaven about City's ownership.
Same thing with Marseille fans here.

They were so excited and already making fantasy teams when there was the rumour of Iran takeover.

Were already making essays about the virtue of Iran compared to the vile Qatar. By the way, i'm more sensible to Iran position than Qatar and other GCC countries, but it is still funny the lenght some fans can go to justify their particular owner investment being good while the one from their rival is so bad.

Iran is a fine country and its people are lovely.

They own they re own banks and everyfing....
Yup.

I'm leaning more towards Iran position in that part of the world than the "regimes" our leaders are supporting like GCC countries for example.

However, i don't really think the whole ayatollah ruling is particularly good but if (our leaders) they didn't kill and overthrow Mossadegh, it would have been the model in the region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.