UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been reported that clubs have an agreement with uefa that neither can claim damages against the other.

i wouldn't think damages is what the club is after, more a swift resolution.

Either way, plenty of time to request a suspension, once the adjudicators are selected.

We have already sought damages against uefa.

Have we? did we get anything?

(serious questions, both, not being wide, honestly don't remember reading about it)

edit: just found the articles. seems more of a mismatch headline, as the article itself does not say that, nor does it attribute the right quotes to the right bodies (i.e confusing letreme with cas for example). so i don't fully believe it, but i get your point though.

My point was more that, in not seeking to suspend the ban, id guess their priority is a quick result, rather than the prospect of damages, for wrongly missing out on a season of champs league football.

Last edited:
That comment means nothing to me. Could you explain it please?

TornQueasyFieldspaniel-max-1mb.gif

(serious questions, both, not being wide, honestly don't remember reading about it)

edit: just found the articles. seems more of a mismatch headline, as the article itself does not say that, nor does it attribute the right quotes to the right bodies (i.e confusing letreme with cas for example). so i don't fully believe it, but i get your point though.

My point was more that, in not seeking to suspend the ban, id guess their priority is a quick result, rather than the prospect of damages, for wrongly missing out on a season of champs league football.

It has been reported by multiple outlets, The Times, BBC etc. It is very vague though, no meat on the bones.

Btw I agree with your reasons about not seeking to suspend any ban. Time is of the essence.

City sought damages at the first CAS hearing claiming the leaks by UEFA ,allegedly, had damaged the club’s reputation
This from the CAS verdict page 35 https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Award_CAS_6298_internet.pdf

Claims For Damages
129. As noted above, a claim for damages and a request for “an order that UEFA undertakes a full investigation into the sources of the Leaks in order to identify and take disciplinary measures against the identified sources, and takes full, appropriate remedial measures to ensure that strict confidentiality of both any process that may progress before the AC and of this arbitration” cannot be pursued solely, i.e. without an appeal against a decision, in an Appeal Arbitration Proceeding. The correct forum to pursue such a claim – absent any plurality of claims including an appeal against a decision – is the Ordinary Arbitration Proceeding. Thus, in view of the findings above, also the claim for damages must be rejected as inadmissible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.