UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Middlesbrough have debts of £105m to Steve Gibson. No idea why you think they are the the epitome of a well run club ???

In the days before FFP they were paying ridiculous wages they couldn't afford on Boksic and Ravanelli etc then started crying when their cash ran out and foreign ownership arrived.

Google the many interviews Boro Exec Keith Lamb gave at the time of the ADUG takeover and I find it similar sour grapes to Chelsea making an about turn and supporting FFP when other teams started spending big.

POD you nailed this Boro myth 100%. I have had many a barny with Boro fans about this due to the fact I moved up here for work. Lamb is a complete gobshite blaming City for spending big and how that's affected Boro. The argument usually ends with the 8-1 BS, to which I reply 'So hows your trophy since then'

Last edited:
The idea has been floated that CAS is all about procedure. This is untrue, they can enquire and
rule on matters of substance. In our case, I'm sure they will look hard not only at UEFA's procedural performance but also at their substantive case. I think we will win on both counts, but then all those years ago, I thought we would beat Fernebhace.

Malcolm told us we would.

I note some blues are still not quite understanding the gravity of any guilt in association with this charge. If we get found to have acted as we have been charged by UEFA and there is no ban and no fine from UEFA let alone a reduction to a year we will be up to our necks in shit. We're accused of cooking the books, (that is a crime in law and against a multitude of Premier League competition rules) not just offending a few European rules for their tin pot competition. The PL will come down on us like a ton of bricks and Points deductions, bans and trophys rescinded is not out of the question. If the Police and the CPS get involved people could go to prison. Yes it's potentially that serious. It's why we cannot and must not lose any part of this case.

I note some blues are still not quite understanding the gravity of any guilt in association with this charge. If we get found guilty and there is no ban and no fine from UEFA let alone a reduction to a year we will be up to our necks in shit. We're accused of cooking the books, (that is a crime in law and against a multitude of Premier League competition rules) not just offending a few European rules for their tin pot competition. The PL will come down on us like a ton of bricks and Points deductions, bans and trophys rescinded is not out of the question. If the Police and the CPS get involved people could go to prison. Yes it's potentially that serious. It's why we cannot and must not lose any part of this case.

Pretty sure even if we’re 100% guilty of what we’re accused of, we’ve not broken any criminal laws.. we will have just tried to circumnavigate some dodgy (possibly illegal) UEFA financial regulations. We’ve not commited bribery, extortion or tax fraud so if the very worst happens there will be no police or CPS involved .. or at least there won’t be any involved looking at what we’ve done

Pretty sure even if we’re 100% guilty of what we’re accused of, we’ve not broken any criminal laws.. we will have just tried to circumnavigate some dodgy (possibly illegal) UEFA financial regulations. We’ve not commited bribery, extortion or tax fraud so if the very worst happens there will be no police or CPS involved .. or at least there won’t be any involved looking at what we’ve done

What they are alleging is false statements within our accounts which are in effect legal documents under the Companies Act. I can assure you breaching them is a criminal offence for which directors are liable. Although not commonly, high profile cases of director fraud that have occurred previously have resulted in prosecution and incarceration. This is a pretty big case, no?

What they are alleging is false statements within our accounts which are in effect legal documents under the Companies Act. I can assure you breaching them is a criminal offence for which directors are liable. Although not commonly, high profile cases of director fraud that have occurred previously have resulted in prosecution and incarceration. This is a pretty big case, no?
I'm as far from a financial expert as you can get but I'm pretty sure you're talking bollocks there bud. They are not alleging that at all, in fact as far as I'm aware, if (and it's still a very big if) the Sheikh did put up some of the sponsorship money for Etihad to pay us, then that's not illegal in any case.

I note some blues are still not quite understanding the gravity of any guilt in association with this charge. If we get found to have acted as we have been charged by UEFA and there is no ban and no fine from UEFA let alone a reduction to a year we will be up to our necks in shit. We're accused of cooking the books, (that is a crime in law and against a multitude of Premier League competition rules) not just offending a few European rules for their tin pot competition. The PL will come down on us like a ton of bricks and Points deductions, bans and trophys rescinded is not out of the question. If the Police and the CPS get involved people could go to prison. Yes it's potentially that serious. It's why we cannot and must not lose any part of this case.

If we are found guilty why would there be no ban and no fine?

No it isn’t. It’s about allegedly breaking uefa rules on what’s allowed and what’s not for uefa purposes; it’s nothing to do with illegal activity or false accounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.