UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those regulations specifically exclude CFCB matters. Article 2. So CFCB rules take precedence.
Thanks PB, this is the CFCB document.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/Clublicensing/02/60/83/59/2608359_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Article 38 from the CFCB procedural rules
1 A time limit begins on the date from which the decision is notified or published, whichever is the earlier. It is considered to have been observed if acted upon by 24.00 CET (Central European Time) on the deadline date. Official holidays and non-working days are included in the calculation of time limits. When a deadline
expires on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in the Swiss canton of Vaud, where UEFA's headquarters are located, it is carried forward to the next working day.
2 On receipt of a reasoned, written request, the CFCB chief investigator or CFCB
chairman may extend a time limit.
3 Time limits are interrupted from 20 December to 5 January inclusive

So the "5 years" limitation is actually around 85 days more than that based on 38.3.

Well, i was simplifying the reality of court. Someone loses and in Pannick's public law cases, that will be a top guy.
I take your point, but as I’m sure you’re well aware, the vast majority of litigation settles before or during any contested hearing, so I’m not sure how that sits with 50% in any event.

Always better if you can carve it up and move on to the next challenge :-)

According to Ringrose: "Court documents show Pannick charged £407,250 for a defence involving a two-day trial, which he did not attend. His colleague Monica Carss-Frisk QC, who did appear, also put in a fee for £228,150". Which is nice...
Nice work if you can get it...

And Carss-Frisk can lead me anytime she wants btw ...

I take your point, but as I’m sure you’re well aware, the vast majority of litigation settles before or during any contested hearing, so I’m not sure how that sits with 50% in any event.

Rather than using the term loser it should be second winner or runner up...

I guess, though we are asking him to do something less over-reaching than QPR's crusade against FFP. From what I've watched he seems good at picking at particular points which I think will suit the procedural aspect of CAS. I'm also of the view that the owners of QPR are the sort to hire him because he's Pannick, whereas we operate in higher circles and will have done proper due diligence based on what we have to present as to who should represent us.

His professional pride, and lure of repeat business from the UAE, are enough of a motivation.
Repeat business from UAE? He better watch out for Delooney, then.

In my Jurisprudential league (sponsored by Ezra Pound Enterprises) score draws are not counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.