UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have become very wary recently of that seemingly innocuous line from uefa’s latest qualification rules, the one about ‘public perception of unfairness in qualifying’.
Why did uefa leak so much information about this case, when common sense would tell you that it could damage their own chance of winning? What punishment would we receive if they won?A 2 year ban, very damaging but not insurmountable.
Leak stuff, create smears and lies and insinuations, use a compliant and obsequious press and media, to create the image we all know we now have- and no amount of facts will change the minds of, well, pretty much every fan of every other club, here and abroad.
Then, having used the court of public opinion as judge and jury, create a new qualifying rule about ‘public perception’ and use it as executioner too.
A 2 year ban from uefa or an indefinite stream of bans voted for by hate-filled who see us as cheats, and can vote us down for years ahead.
Far-fetched? Maybe, but they are desperate to destroy us and desperate people do desperate things.

I have become very wary recently of that seemingly innocuous line from uefa’s latest qualification rules, the one about ‘public perception of unfairness in qualifying’.
Why did uefa leak so much information about this case, when common sense would tell you that it could damage their own chance of winning? What punishment would we receive if they won?A 2 year ban, very damaging but not insurmountable.
Leak stuff, create smears and lies and insinuations, use a compliant and obsequious press and media, to create the image we all know we now have- and no amount of facts will change the minds of, well, pretty much every fan of every other club, here and abroad.
Then, having used the court of public opinion as judge and jury, create a new qualifying rule about ‘public perception’ and use it as executioner too.
A 2 year ban from uefa or an indefinite stream of bans voted for by hate-filled who see us as cheats, and can vote us down for years ahead.
Far-fetched? Maybe, but they are desperate to destroy us and desperate people do desperate things.
Very good post , public perception eh , they learnt everything they know from Goebels this lot

Extract from Bodicoteblue's quote, with regards UEFA's rules

My question is why exactly have UEFA added this? What is the process for those having these perceptions?
Exactly my thoughts.
It seems on the face of it, to be quite unusual, and I certainly can’t think of any other major sport or competition that has such a condition.
To my mind, it’s uefa’s insurance policy.
If they can’t kill us with their bent rules, then throw it over to the public whose views they have been cultivating for years now.
‘They (City)got away with it by cheating as bribing- we did our best to stop them etc. etc.we know the narrative by now.....
This would be a way to achieve these ends and at the same time, wash their own grubby hands of it.

If the Premier League finishes this season then the rule doesn't apply. As far as I can see it is a one-off for this season only:

UEFA reserves the right to refuse or evaluate the admission to any club proposed by a National Association from a prematurely terminated domestic competition in particular where:

• the domestic competitions have not been prematurely terminated based on the reasons given in these UEFA guidelines or on the basis of any other legitimate public health reasons;

• the clubs were selected pursuant to a procedure which was not objective, transparent and non-discriminatory so that the selected clubs could not be considered as having been qualified on sporting merit;

• there is a public perception of unfairness in the qualification of the club.

Exactly my thoughts.
It seems on the face of it, to be quite unusual, and I certainly can’t think of any other major sport or competition that has such a condition.
To my mind, it’s uefa’s insurance policy.
If they can’t kill us with their bent rules, then throw it over to the public whose views they have been cultivating for years now.
‘They (City)got away with it by cheating as bribing- we did our best to stop them etc. etc.we know the narrative by now.....
This would be a way to achieve these ends and at the same time, wash their own grubby hands of it.
Did the ‘Hateful 8’ statements come before or after the new ‘perception’ was published?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.