UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our legal team will want to understand the process the IC went through given the time constraint they were working to. Additionally, did the constraints placed on the IC in terms of a ridiculously short time period to undertake such a complex investigation have an impact on the AC?. I.e. what impact did a flawed or rushed IC process have on the AC process. There must be a record of what the IC passed to the AC at the end of their investigation? Going to be very hard for UEFA to demonstrate that they followed an objective and transparent process - at best they will argue that the AC did part of the ICs role (If the AC claim they looked at everything including our dossier then they will have drifted into investigatory territory because there’s no way the info passed to them from the IC could be complete or definitive) but that will be contrary to their process and procedure and will undermine why the investigation is conducted separately from the judgement.

They may want to understand it and may all be valid but its irrelevant (see de novo rules).

Yep, just read it thanks. Unless there is a “smoking gun” piece of evidence against us that none of us are aware of, you’d have to think that we ought to win this appeal.
I am confident. More importantly, City are too.

I think our legal team will want to understand the process the IC went through given the time constraint they were working to. Additionally, did the constraints placed on the IC in terms of a ridiculously short time period to undertake such a complex investigation have an impact on the AC?. I.e. what impact did a flawed or rushed IC process have on the AC process. There must be a record of what the IC passed to the AC at the end of their investigation? Going to be very hard for UEFA to demonstrate that they followed an objective and transparent process - at best they will argue that the AC did part of the ICs role (If the AC claim they looked at everything including our dossier then they will have drifted into investigatory territory because there’s no way the info passed to them from the IC could be complete or definitive) but that will be contrary to their process and procedure and will undermine why the investigation is conducted separately from the judgement.
The AC has the power to call for more evidence over and above that provided by the IC.

In the very good Silva 2 Aguero post it states that in December 2018 The UEFA Chief Investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to deliver to Manchester City. What exactly did he say at that time? I can't recall being on edge then.

First time poster. Season ticket holder and long time reader.

We are in very very very good hands for this appeal. Obviously the stakes are high, but we have the best possible representation and that puts us in a great position. We effectively have the legal equivalent of a Vincent Kompany and Sergio Aguero combination to take on UEFA, and I hope we take it to them with gusto!

I have published an article expanding on this in more detail if anyone is interested -

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/manchester-city-fc-vs-uefa-most-important-case-millennium-joshua-levy

If City are Kompany and Aguero who in your opinion are UEFA represented by?

In the very good Silva 2 Aguero post it states that in December 2018 The UEFA Chief Investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to deliver to Manchester City. What exactly did he say at that time? I can't recall being on edge then.
He said something like "IF they have deceived us......" Then some speculation about punishment. The 'IF' will let him largely off the hook on this particular point, altho' it is not good form for the investigator to talk about punishment before the case has begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.