UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had another look at the CAS 1 judgment as this Tony Evans line that the UEFA finding is not based on the leaked emails seems so unbelievable. The very strong inference from that judgment is that it is the leaked emails that are the key:

"...Between 2 and 16 November 2018, several articles were published by Der Spiegel, Reuters and Mediapart about MCFC (the so-called “Football Leaks”).
8. On 10 December 2018, the Chief Investigator of the Investigatory Chamber wrote to MCFC about these “Football Leaks”, attaching extracts of publications and inviting MCFC to comment on the accuracy thereof.
9. On 7 March 2019, following the exchange of various correspondences between the Investigatory Chamber and MCFC, the Investigatory Chamber notified MCFC that “further to our letters for your attention dated 14 and 19 February 2019, your club’s response dated 1st March 2019 and subsequent information and documents recently made public in various media outlets, an investigation is hereby formally opened in accordance with Article 12 (2) of the Procedural rules governing the UEFA Club Financial Control Body – Edition 2015 [the “CFCB Procedural Rules”]” (the “Investigation”).
10. On 28 March and 11 April 2019 respectively, hearings took place before the Investigatory Chamber.
11. On 15 May 2019, the Investigatory Chamber issued the Referral Decision."

The idea that it was something inadvertently submitted by City in response to the investigation where City are said not to have cooperated is simply implausible.
I wonder if the non cooperation charge is related to the above!
When UEFA asked for comments on the leaks we said "no"

I'm going for 5-0 to City. Pannick hat trick, and 2 uefa OG's.

Pannicks recent record is not that good.

He lost the recent divorce case , and he only won the Gina Miller case due to a biased supreme court which over turned 300 years of constitutional precedent.

Pannicks recent record is not that good.

He lost the recent divorce case , and he only won the Gina Miller case due to a biased supreme court which over turned 300 years of constitutional precedent.
Our ability to employ expensive strikers who simply cannot get their shots on target despite chances galore is something the legal team will hopefully not emulate.

I go back to those emails. Whereas they’ve been poo-pooed as a source of evidence on here in some quarters, I just think that unless we can show that we ultimately took alternative courses of action (ie produce contradictory emails or other evidence), then we can wave our audited accounts at them til Doomsday, but there’s still going to be an unhealthy degree of suspicion as regards our innocence
I assume that we are able to show the whole email trail and that proves we did nothing wrong because we can show the context of all the comments made and that sponsor money did not come direct from Sheikh Mansour. The whole tone adopted by Soriano suggests we are innocent.
All we have seen so far from UEFA are increasingly desperate leaks to their pals in the media. I believe their dirty tricks campaign shows they are on the backfoot and we have nothing to fear.

Lovely.

Pretty much how I feel too. I'm at the point where I don't think it really matters THAT much to me what the outcome it. The truth is the narrative has long been set by the people you mention. I'm okay with City whether it's this incarnation or a different one.

I've said this elsewhere but pay particular attention to one Peter Moore at Liverpool. He's the king of the snakes, and the man who has the power and the access to resources to really help orchestrate a smear campaign. His bosses own newspapers, they sit with big Republicans in the States and break nationalist bread. It is no coincidence that so many New York Times associated newspapers and media outlets have been quite so anti City.

Also pay particular attention to Rory Smith. A very very dangerous kind of hipster dickhead. Him and his pal Tariq are probably on some kind of retainer from the Scousers the amount of pole greasing they do whenever Kloppo and co are mentioned.

Cheers Billy. Yes, Panija’s a Grade A shithouse. A constant source of snide anti-City propaganda. I suspect the next month is not gonna be good for my blood pressure.....

I assume that we are able to show the whole email trail and that proves we did nothing wrong because we can show the context of all the comments made and that sponsor money did not come direct from Sheikh Mansour. The whole tone adopted by Soriano suggests we are innocent.
All we have seen so far from UEFA are increasingly desperate leaks to their pals in the media. I believe their dirty tricks campaign shows they are on the backfoot and we have nothing to fear.

If we do indeed have a complete email chain that contradicts/torpedoes the content of the emails published by Der Spiegel, then I would like to think CAS would take one look and chuck the case out on the spot. Equally, if we have got such an email chain exonerating us, I’m staggered that the AC judges felt we merited a 2 year ban for serious FFP breaches.

Almost D Day and we find out if we are screwed or not... Then again I guess any decisions could take months.

I've said this elsewhere but pay particular attention to one Peter Moore at Liverpool. He's the king of the snakes, and the man who has the power and the access to resources to really help orchestrate a smear campaign.
That particular snake is going to have his head well and truly chopped off hopefully. He's going to learn that you don't fuck with people like Khaldoon and his bosses. The resource he's going to need access to is a very good solicitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.